Spanked a SRT4

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This was a good one. Sitting at a light I'm there all alone, this guys comes up. Revving his engine, inching it up off the clutch, totally wanting some. Can hear the exhaust and BOV snappin. I'm thinking I'm gonna get walked but what the heck, I'll give it what I can.

Can't even see the light comin by watching the cross traffic light cause the oncoming traffic got the green and arrow first so after a few cars turned left in front of us it was a blind green comin.

I'm ready. Bam I come off with slight spin and gone, instant car lenght and I hear him hit second and gains nothing as I hit second hes in the same spot...right behind my back bumper. Then I here him miss third I think and he dropped off.

Now the its gets better. After a few blocks he gets next to me trying to get me to go from a roll...Revving, down shifting, hitting it up and down....blah blah. I ignored him. After a few blocks of that he took off ahead and started weaving through traffic like a idiot.

He didn't blow off his tires much more than mine at the line or the 1-2 shift. I just ate him. I was surprized.

Not sure why people want to race me lately so bad.

Hehehehe. Just messing with you Jason. You should be able to easily take a stock one with your mods, especially off the line like you did. You will be able to pull on the top end as well. Back when I had the Gen2 LS and only CAI and custom tune I pulled an SRT-4 from a highway roll. I wouldn't say it was a slaughter of course but there was no mistaking who won the race. Your car is faster than when my Gen2 had boltons.

I knew your were playing....you felt the power of the 4.10 LS...lol

I have beat one at the track but the guy was a clown and couldn't drive. Most of the ones I've seen run ran well.

BTW 20s are still on as of now. Something tells me they will be off by Sunday....

BTW 20s are still on as of now. Something tells me they will be off by Sunday....

They had better be! Damn rain (or snow :( ) better hold out so we can make some clean passes. I might have a few other buddies with me from another local Mustang board I am a part of too. Scott with his bolt-on Terminator and Jim with his "stock" GCSRT8.

Have a similar story, ran a VW GTI 2.0 Turbo, kicked his ass off the line, but once I hit third gear he was walking past me like I was standing still.

All I saw was a ECS tuning sticker on his fender. Just looked them up and they can run 252HP with 303/lbs of torque of of that little car in a Stage 1 tune. NUTS!!!

I cant stand SRT-4's. This is one I am very glad to hear. I don't care what turbos they have its a damn ugly Neon and that's that:) !

LOL

Just hoping you are willin and have the time.....call it, talking dirty to my car.

Finally gonna get those WOT pulls I've been waiting for you to do! LMAO!!!!

The tuner out here sucks my ass at tranny tunes. I'd rather let Rob remote tune mine from there then let one of these tools screw my tranny over!

Always willing. I do not know if I will have the time to do so that particular day.

may be time for us to do another one of our fastest transactions ever deal! I have a long drive to FL to try out some new tuning :D

What are some of your other notable kills with the LS Jason?

I have one for ya

there was a get together with a bunch of my car club buddies. One drives an SRT-4 and another drives a Cobalt SS. Both are proven 13 second cars. Well the SRT leave the parking lot before me and the SS is behind me. I have to wait on traffic. When traffic cleared I left the parking lot and started down the highway at a lazy 65. The SRT was gone, he never just cruises. The SS pulls up next to me. At this point my bottle is at home, so I'm sitting there with a great tune, pnp throttle body, and a hack job exhaust. There he is with a smaller pulley and a few other mods. I figure he his gonna walk me.... BADLY. We slow to 60ish and with 4 lanes of nobody on the road, take off. I kicked to SST and dropper gear just before we went. He heard me exhaust get loud from the shift and started so it was a pretty fair start, with him leaving a split second before me. I clearly underestimated my baby! She had him walked before 4th. In fact, except that quick little mini jump, I had him right away and was pulling him the whole time. He submitted to defeat just before we got to a pretty wide over pass so I made sure to get on it a bit underneath and let him hear the intimidation and now embarrassment echo around him! In his defense, I'm pretty sure from the hole he would take me every time. I cant compete with a 13.3 without spraying.... yet

im not calling BS...but im calling LUCK

stock SRT-4's run high 13's stock. modified srt-4's can go anywhere from mid mid 12's to mid 13's.

good race, but be glad he was a bad driver. missing 3rd isnt something someone who can drive does often.

Nice, stock these things or even w/ some mods they are a slowish. I test drove one a few weeks ago cause I wanted to hear what the hype was and why I should of got one of them and not the SS, well needless to say the test drive was very short, car was balls slow to me, handled like a granny going down some stairs and not to mention it was a neon w/ an engine swap imo haha. The sales guy was like, "its pretty fast huh" and I just said "ugh, no huh I am done thanks for your time though."

But whoo watch out against some, I do not like them at all but respect is there because I know some guys w/ 500Hp in them w/out tons of coin. Most I know are in the 350-425whp.

stock SRT-4's run high 13's stock. modified srt-4's can go anywhere from mid mid 12's to mid 13's.

good race, but be glad he was a bad driver. missing 3rd isnt something someone who can drive does often.

I have raced many of those SRT-4's at the track. I have a pretty good idea of what they will do in stock form with an average real driver. They will usually pull a mid 14 second ET in the 1/4 mile bone stock with an average driver. I can easily see Jason pulling the guy even if he was a decent driver, assuming the SRT-4 was stock.

I'll call bs and luck. I've owned a stage 2 srt and ran a 13.62@ 107 with the all season skates on it granny shifting and not useing the wot boost hold.

sounds like he needed the most important mod of all..........the driver mod.

go tangle with one that has a good driver behind it.

not trying to be a dick just speaking fact..

No bs and no luck. I am to quite aware what they can run and have seen tons of them at the track. I have beaten them at the track when poorly driven or not driven to there potential a few times.

Read my first post I said I was kinda surprized.

It had exhaust for sure and the collection of gauges on the dash cluster....show no go.

We couldn't seen the light coming....I was faster to get out.

We both spun a little but a FWD typically goes no where when spinning and the heavy reared LS moves out usually fine with spin. I took the car lenght right away.

He missed third so the race was over at say 50-55. But he had gained absolutely nothing at that point as far as I could tell, he was kinda in my blind spot.

So say his car is .5 quicker in the quarter. I took half that right at the line. To get the other .2-.3 back would have taking him till 90 or more.

Point is he was the one revving and pushing me to go. Other than rolling up a few feet to get lined up I made no reaction.....Then spanked him. I'm sure his passenger was laughin at him. He sure drove like a pissed off punk afterwards.

He sure drove like a pissed off punk afterwards.

Exactly why I dont like them. A punk kid gets one from mom and pops as a first car. Its his choice so he goes straight for something cheap enough to conivnce mom and pops to buy a BRAND NEW CAR and with a turbo. They end up with no respect for them as they are a first car that in most cases ( not all ) they don't pay for or truly understand. Most SRT-4 owners have this Bias where they for some dumb reason wont admit its just a Neon.

Members online

Back