Southeast Get Together

Well, I saw Star Wars finally... But moving on.... I need a vacation. I plan on taking an extended 4th of July weekend and will likely take some time in September.

I always forget to post and check here. Ooops.

BTW -GrayGhost: That was me you saw in Fountain City today on Broadway. It wasn't hard for me to spot your car. Looks even better in person. I knew I would run into you sooner or later. Knoxville isn't that big of a town. :) Hope to see you at the Kmart Saturday also. Forget you saw my car...I usually keep my cars cleaner than that. Darn West Knoxville pollution. :)

lsbit said:
Well, I saw Star Wars finally... But moving on.... I need a vacation. I plan on taking an extended 4th of July weekend and will likely take some time in September.

I always forget to post and check here. Ooops.

BTW -GrayGhost: That was me you saw in Fountain City today on Broadway. It wasn't hard for me to spot your car. Looks even better in person. I knew I would run into you sooner or later. Knoxville isn't that big of a town. :) Hope to see you at the Kmart Saturday also. Forget you saw my car...I usually keep my cars cleaner than that. Darn West Knoxville pollution. :)
Great to see you on the road with the LS! I always make a notion to wave at a fellow LS'er. I was headed to FedEx to drop of some packages then onto the house. I live in Fountain City so I'm around that area quite a bit.

The LS looked good! It didn't seem all that dirty but was it hot as hell today or what? Sheesh! I'll drive out to the car show on Saturday and we'll hook up. Make sure you get that LS clean! :N

GrayGhost1 said:
The LS looked good! It didn't seem all that dirty but was it hot as hell today or what? Sheesh! I'll drive out to the car show on Saturday and we'll hook up. Make sure you get that LS clean! :N

Thanks. I still get my hair chopped in Fountain City, but I moved west 9 months or so ago. Now that I have learned some of the back roads via Western Ave, it's not too bad. Nice roads for the LS.

I might be there in the Mustang Saturday. I am not sure what I'll be doing before that, so I am not sure what car I'll end up with. It's a black '95 GTS. Just look for the black Mustang without power windows or locks. :) I used to park it with the hood up when I had the Kenne Bell on it, but I don't do that now that I am running it N/A.

I'll try to wash the car in the morning when it is only 80 degrees out. Today was the first day I had to complain about the temp. I burned all the hair off my arm by my elbow getting in the LS. :eek2:

Too bad I haven't seen any modded LS's around Jax. Every LS I see has some old guy driving it.

I know there are some Marks from LVC in Jacksonville, but haven't seen any of them around.

But I guess I can't complain too bad because I'll be going to school in Austin this fall, so maybe I'll run into Quik LS.

hey southeast come to the IL meet in Aug. Ill bet I get arested for somthing!!!!!!!!!!!

GrayGhost1 said:

I cleaned it and went there for a while. I was talking to Mike (Copper Fox body Mustang with the Twin Turbo setup). I didn't see you, but I could have missed you. I should have given you my cell phone number.

lsbit said:
I cleaned it and went there for a while. I was talking to Mike (Copper Fox body Mustang with the Twin Turbo setup). I didn't see you, but I could have missed you. I should have given you my cell phone number.
Unfortunately, I didn't go over there because I was working on two sets of angel eye headlights for customers. It's about the only time I have to work on those. I work so late in the evening that by the time I get home I only have time to process some orders and then go to bed. You ought to just come by the house sometime and we can chill out and talk cars. Just bring beer! :N

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
if a date is set, wait until my car is fixed...lol.

speaking of broken down cars... I drive I75 a lot and I have never seen a Lincoln on the shoulder other than mine. Anyone else notice this in their area?

eL eS said:
speaking of broken down cars... I drive I75 a lot and I have never seen a Lincoln on the shoulder other than mine. Anyone else notice this in their area?

I drive the section where I40 and I75 are the same. When I first got my LS, I saw about 2 or 3 broken down within a couple of months! I freaked out. A friend of mine kept saying...nice choice. :) They are also the only cars I saw in the service bay when I would go to get parts for my car. I met a couple of people that way and pointed them to this forum. One of them did pop up here and had the coil problem. The other had delayed shift problems and never saw him post.

Glad to say, I haven't seen any broken down lately, and I haven't had to go to the dealer for parts in a while. I have noticed quite a few newer Hondas on the side of the road though. Strange...comes in waves, I guess.

BTW El Es, did you notice I got the 'mis' fixed in my car?

I'd say let's get together on September 17-18 in Atlanta. One of the biggest car shows in south east will be there called NOPI Nationals. We can get a section all to ourselves as LvC. I did this last year for the other Lincoln club. It was pretty cool and a ton of cars were there. I'm thinking around 7,000 cars and trucks.

lsbit said:
I drive the section where I40 and I75 are the same. When I first got my LS, I saw about 2 or 3 broken down within a couple of months! I freaked out. A friend of mine kept saying...nice choice. :) They are also the only cars I saw in the service bay when I would go to get parts for my car. I met a couple of people that way and pointed them to this forum. One of them did pop up here and had the coil problem. The other had delayed shift problems and never saw him post.

Glad to say, I haven't seen any broken down lately, and I haven't had to go to the dealer for parts in a while. I have noticed quite a few newer Hondas on the side of the road though. Strange...comes in waves, I guess.

BTW El Es, did you notice I got the 'mis' fixed in my car?

sorry for the late follow up.I have been busy as hell a work and selling my house. Closed the sale last friday and have everything in order again well except work it is always in disorder.

What was the final outcome on the mis?

I always noticed the same ting about my local FLM dealer when I visit for oil changes and such. Lots of LS' on the lift with stuff pulled off. the owners never sem to hang around though, prolly cant bare the torture.

I keep trying to find them to invite them to the group though.

GrayGhost1 said:
I'd say let's get together on September 17-18 in Atlanta. One of the biggest car shows in south east will be there called NOPI Nationals. We can get a section all to ourselves as LvC. I did this last year for the other Lincoln club. It was pretty cool and a ton of cars were there. I'm thinking around 7,000 cars and trucks.

Yeah this is likely to be the best chance for me outside the florida area through the rst of the year.

eL eS said:
sorry for the late follow up.I have been busy as hell a work and selling my house. Closed the sale last friday and have everything in order again well except work it is always in disorder.

What was the final outcome on the mis?

Yea, the forum just isn't the same without you. :) Congrats on the house stuff. We just closed on the house we are buying yesterday as well. We won't be moving until later this month though. I have also been really busy at work. I have been working on that EMR (GE) quite a bit, btw. My eyes are dialated (sp?) now also, so hard to see. :)

As for the mis...It was that injector. I finally said screw it, ordered the injector for $65 and installed it. I was shocked that it fixed it. :D I just couldn't break down and send it to the dealer.

lsbit said:
Yea, the forum just isn't the same without you. :) Congrats on the house stuff. We just closed on the house we are buying yesterday as well. We won't be moving until later this month though. I have also been really busy at work. I have been working on that EMR (GE) quite a bit, btw. My eyes are dialated (sp?) now also, so hard to see. :)

As for the mis...It was that injector. I finally said screw it, ordered the injector for $65 and installed it. I was shocked that it fixed it. :D I just couldn't break down and send it to the dealer.

Congrats on the home purchase! It is tougher than nails down here to find a home. So we moved into an apt home. Very large very comfortable and we are very hopeful we will be able to find a new home soon.

Oh centricity... How are things with it? I have a friend at a large hospital working on the project who claims they are always having problems. I think he is just BS'ing but they are doing a data conversion and that can always be a big pain in the posterior.

Man so it was the injector huh, we first good for you doing it yourself or as we would say in the Navy Bravo Zulu for a job well done. Did you get to visually inspect each injector pulse or did you just swap and take the beast out for a high speed test run?

So do you think you might make it to the hotlanta NOPI event? I plan on being in Atlanta Thursday night and hitting the sites Friday and attending the show on Saturday.

I am considering a trip to Six Flags with the wife and my 6 year old on Friday and heading out for testosterone filled saturday. I will use Sunday as a drive back to my mediocore IT life of EMR software fixing. Boy do I deal with some ID10Ts.

Joeychgo said:
SO are you guys set on a date now?

Well I know for certain that your SE P and VP will be there having a damn good time. We have been talking about this for a while now but no real concrete confirmations other than Ken and me.

You think you might head down?

On the injector...I swapped one cylinder for another waiting to see the code change, but the CEL never came back on. I figured the pulse would look the same on the scope, even if it was bad, as it was not completely dead or anything, so I just replaced the one I thought was bad. I knew immediately when I started the car that it was fixed...although my mouth was hanging open in shock the first couple of days I drove it. :) You know...you let a problem linger for so long you figure it will never get fixed. Gas mileage went up .5 mpg. :)

The EMR...I can tell you that Oracle has dismounted 2 out of the 3 days we have been using it now. It is not in production yet. We have the PM product too, so I will be doing the data dump into the EMR soon. I think I would like the EMR better if it was SQL! BTW, there is ID10T's everywhere. :)

I don't think I will make it to Atlanta. It looks like we will be moving in September, and that weekend is the scheduled garage sale. Things may change if the x-owners can move earlier.

We have many homes and areas that are nice to live in Knoxville, but many of the homes look the same, especially on the west side of town. The build quality is usually TERRIBLE here. You have to really be careful. There are 3 major builders that buy everything here and build...they suck. We found a house that is different than any other we have seen here though, and the build quality is pretty good. The guy who built it is from northern Ohio where the homes have to be built for more severe weather, so he did things that would be considered upgrades down here. We were going to have him build a home for us, but the price was just too high for us right now, so we were lucky enough to find one used that we settled on.

Whoa...enough typing for now. My eyes are still dialated from yesterday. WTH!

Members online

Back