Sounds!!!!

Icewood

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I end up getting a full system yesterday for free from my girlfriends brother.

He gave me a custom box with plexi glass / subwoofer / amp / all wiring needed...

Now when it comes to systems I am completely lost. I have no clue on how to do all the wiring and how to set it up period. The problem here is that I understand from talking to people that If i had rear speakers I could have just hooked the system up to those, but the only speakers I have are in the rear and front door panels meaning that I will have to get the speakers hooked up to the stock indash...

My question is how do I go about doing that....and whats required ( any special inputs etc....)

Thanks for all the feeback in advance this will help me out a great deal!

take it to a customs shop and let them do it for you so you don't have to hastle with it and if something gets messed up it's on them so your worry free ;)

nope - work on it yourself - it's the only way you will learn + it's alot of fun.

but - there are many many many threads on this topic - lots of different opinions - lots of options.

Do a search and spend some time reading. THere are many of us wo have put in some very unique setups.....

Just do it yourself, take your time, get a friend to help. Hardest part will be trying to figure out how to remove some of the interior panels to hide the wires. Wiring the subs up and all that will be pretty self explainitory, but if you need help just ask.

email me if you want directions on installin your system. i've done tons of custom installs, there are pics here somewhere if you do a search!!..
email address is Motts23x@yahoo.com

Thanks alot guys...I mean me and a buddy of mine could probly get it done due to the fact that he had done an instal on his im just not sure if im sopposed to wire the amp to my stock indash or to one of the speakers in the door panels...

Black03 said:
Go off the head unit, not the speakers.

So how do I go about wiring the amp to the head unit do I need to buy some kind of adapter in order to make it work with the amp imputs?

I have never done a system with a stock HU, so somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you need to get some sort of converter that you would plug into the back of the HU and you can then run RCA's from that to your amp. You also need to connect a remote wire to your amp so it only turns on when the HU is on. Somebody who has had experience with the adapter should know more about that.

Black03 said:
I have never done a system with a stock HU, so somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you need to get some sort of converter that you would plug into the back of the HU and you can then run RCA's from that to your amp. You also need to connect a remote wire to your amp so it only turns on when the HU is on. Somebody who has had experience with the adapter should know more about that.

its called a line out converter roughly 14.99 at best buy, wire it through your rear door speakers.. pos to pos, neg to neg, and this will have a lil box that you will plug your rcas in..
now for the power wire, that goes to your battery,
neg goes to a ground
remote goes to the on/off back of head unit, or a power window switch, either or.

plug your speakers in and walaa, you have either bass, or some extremly high HIghs..

Email me if you haev further questions!

Members online

No members online now.
Back