Soopa's wrap project..

It's just a aluminum mesh sprayed w plasti dip then zip tied to the grille, with door trim around the sides
741E1667-8C42-4D6C-8ED7-F43E761E0B1D-2221-0000011CFDB6694E.jpg

What happened to that Mclarenesque grill you used to have?

I still haven't gotten around to making one for mine

I know this kind of an old thread but I really dig this project.

When you did the McClaren grille as well as this mesh one did you just place it over the stock plastic slats or did you cut those out?

Also the yellow Lincoln emblem on the rear surround, was that a dyi or you bought?

Again man fantastic job. You are more willing than myself to take the risks you have bit they have paid off tremendously.

I know this kind of an old thread but I really dig this project.

When you did the McClaren grille as well as this mesh one did you just place it over the stock plastic slats or did you cut those out?

Also the yellow Lincoln emblem on the rear surround, was that a dyi or you bought?

Again man fantastic job. You are more willing than myself to take the risks you have bit they have paid off tremendously.

The McLaren is a direct replacement. The CDC (mesh) grille is a two-piece unit where the mesh rests in a channel in the lower piece. There is a way to remove the "waterfall" from the 2nd gen grilles and glue the mesh to the framework of the grille. There are instructions here somewhere. I was going to do it on my '06, but for some reason it is far down on my to-do list. Maybe sometime next year I'll get the inspiration to do it......

Stumbled on this on one of my searches before posting new. Cool ride, made me think about M. I. B. If i would do a car this way, would have put plates on it thus:
_cfimg-6975943159998550201.PNG

_cfimg-6975943159998550201.PNG

Members online

Back