Songs to Bump with a system

I broke my own rule. Never approach a horse from the rear, a bull from the front or an idiot from any angle. Now that you have no argument, you resort to threats to kill. Really I believe thats grounds for the ban hammer. However, you can run your whore mouth from behind your computer all you want. It ain't happening in real life. I have guns too. Great big ones, with war criminals attached to the triggers.

You're the one who started the threats. I responded as I did to draw out the rapper mentality you seem to display. None of this was about you, to start with, but instead about the personae that rappers show the world.

"My gun is bigger than your gun?" Next thing you'll be doing is typing neener, neener!

You've done an excellent job of displaying the attitude I attributed to rappers in the first place. I'm done!

KS

Last edited:
My point is you need to know what your talking about before you post. You are generalizing and stereotyping all rappers.

The same could easily be said about you (especially in light of your excessively prideful and threatening last post).

While the whole race and culture discussion is more appropriate to the politics & current events forum, it is worth keeping in mind that race is not culture. Many of the cultural elements identified today with urban black culture historically comes from the white southern redneck culture and started being championed in the 1960's by the nihilistic, militant black identity movements. Dumb down those messages, and you essentially have modern hip-hip (not necessarily early hip-hop).

“[A]n aversion to work, proneness to violence, neglect of education, sexual promiscuity, improvidence, drunkenness [and] lack of entrepreneurship" is extremely culturally and socially destructive. Unfortunately, modern hardcore hip-hop and hip-hop culture is all but defined by those elements.

Dr. Thomas Sowell's "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" is a great book to break through the dogma and misconceptions surrounding this issue. Most of those "insightful" rappers engaging in social commentary are simply useful idiots caught up in that dogma.

Here is a link to Thomas Sowell's Black Rednecks and White Liberals

Additionally, Dr. Walter E. Williams has also done a lot of research on this issue as well.

All that said, if you are looking for music simply to make noise and test out bass. Hip-hop is not bad (though Lonely Island is about as close as I get to that). If you want to test overall sound quality, get away from heavy bass. Jazz is pretty good. For some reason, in America so many seem to think heavy bass equals good sound quality. It doesn't. Accurate musical reproduction (especially in the midrange) is where it's at.

All that said, if you are looking for music simply to make noise and test out bass. Hip-hop is not bad (though Lonely Island is about as close as I get to that). If you want to test overall sound quality, get away from heavy bass. Jazz is pretty good. For some reason, in America so many seem to think heavy bass equals good sound quality. It doesn't. Accurate musical reproduction (especially in the midrange) is where it's at.

While I agree with you on accurate musical reproduction (Or more specifically accurate acoustic musical reproduction, as artists like Bassnectar and Skrillex are extremely bass-heavy to begin with), this particular topic was simply about the most bass-heavy songs to rattle trunks, windows, and brains the most.

I have a rather powerful woofer in the trunk for such bass heavy stuff, because sometimes I'm in the mood for it. But most of the time, I am more about overall sound quality. The heavy bass may be fun at first, but it does get old. I don't have the sub turned up while listening to Sinatra or Clapton, that's for sure. Just enough to fill out the lower end.

Jesus, I never threatened anyone. I merely stated that in front of me, you would be too chicken-chit to make your snide remarks. And if you did, you would not get far into your sentence. Your the one bringing guns into a conversation. If you run your mouth to someone, you should expect repercussions. Shagdrum, I know I should respect your opinion, but I could give a :q:q:q:q less what you have to say. This is between me and Ken Sheffer. So I will thank you to fock off.

While I agree with you on accurate musical reproduction (Or more specifically accurate acoustic musical reproduction, as artists like Bassnectar and Skrillex are extremely bass-heavy to begin with), this particular topic was simply about the most bass-heavy songs to rattle trunks, windows, and brains the most.

I have a rather powerful woofer in the trunk for such bass heavy stuff, because sometimes I'm in the mood for it. But most of the time, I am more about overall sound quality. The heavy bass may be fun at first, but it does get old. I don't have the sub turned up while listening to Sinatra or Clapton, that's for sure. Just enough to fill out the lower end.

Then, yeah, probably hip-hop or heavy rock. Newer recordings for a broader range in the recording itself. Song's like Hot For Teacher, or old school rap are probably not gonna do much for you simply because those earlier recording technologies missed a lot of the low end and a lot of the high end.

Or...Drum Corps!! When I play some of those, it sounds like I have the entire bass line in my trunk!! ;)

"I'm On A Boat" is probably the most "bass heavy" song I own. It works pretty well.

Of course, you could just play low end test tones to rattle the trunk. Got 126 db on one 12" in a beat up Saturn with test tones.

Jesus, I never threatened anyone.

If that wasn't your intention, I apologize.

Internet anonymity can certainly lead to excessive pride, condescension and insulting. However, it is usually a two way street. Getting defensive can undercut your position by confirming the critique.

Dance (A$$)- Big Sean
Cabin fever- Wiz Khalifa
WTF-Wiz Khalifa
Mrs. Green- Killa Kyleon
Awesome-Roscoe Dash
I Just Want to Party- Yelawolf
If you have some real lows, play Trunk Muzik by Yelawolf.

But pretty much any song will sound better with a sub or two :) country will surprise you sometimes...give it a chance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back