someone remind me

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
someone remind me why you can't do a 5 or 6 speed swap into a Mark VIII. I seem to remember reading a thread somewhere by geno I think who said our cars are too heavy or somthing, I don't know but I'd love to have a 6 speed in mine,just one of many mods i'd like if i hit the powerball LOL :L

viiiball said:
someone remind me why you can't do a 5 or 6 speed swap into a Mark VIII. I seem to remember reading a thread somewhere by geno I think who said our cars are too heavy or somthing, I don't know but I'd love to have a 6 speed in mine,just one of many mods i'd like if i hit the powerball LOL :L

It was something along the lines of the Mark beeing too long so you would have to get an extention for your manual transmission. Nothing will really fit so you'd have to get a lot of custom parts.
It's not the weight since the 2003 Cobra weighs in at 3800 pounds as much as mark does.

A T56 would work jsut fine with this car. The only reason noone has installed on yet is due to the extensive modifications that are needed to get it to work. Custom everything would be needed. You will need to dissassemble the dash and weld some bracing and mounts in for the clutch pedal, modify the firewall, then once you get all of that done you have to chop up your console to get the shifter to work and positioned right. Lots of time would go into this.

DynoDaddy said:
A T56 would work jsut fine with this car. The only reason noone has installed on yet is due to the extensive modifications that are needed to get it to work. Custom everything would be needed. You will need to dissassemble the dash and weld some bracing and mounts in for the clutch pedal, modify the firewall, then once you get all of that done you have to chop up your console to get the shifter to work and positioned right. Lots of time would go into this.

Man, the Caddy people have ya beat..... Check this out: Caddy SS under T56 Swap.

Look at the updated pics to see the center console he built for it.

Im pretty sure a T56 wont fit because its to short and would put the shifter somewhere in the center console. A T45 on the otherhand, that tranny that came in the 5 speed Super Coupes, would be the ideal length.

Pictures of a swap....

http://members.cardomain.com/southwell

Hi guys If you follw the link provided you will go to a cardomain site that has the pictures of my Mark. I'm swapping a t-45 in to it as we speak. There has been alot of hassle going into this, Right now Im working on the custom wiring harness to relocate the ECM from under the dash to the drivers seat.

I'll be updating this thing alot more ofton so check back if your interested.

Sifrino3 said:
I wish there was a edition in the Mark VII/VIII that had a manual tranny!

The MarkVII GTC came with a 5-speed. It is also possbile that a few Turbo Diesels came with a manual.

Members online

No members online now.
Back