Some unusual pics for the Mark II fans.

Revoh

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got a lot of original old pictures around. These were taken on Pikes Peak (my folks were from Colorado Springs) where they were doing high altitude testing on this '56 Continental, '55 T-Bird, and '55 Ford. I don't know who any of the people are. Some of the things that caught my eye include all the testing equipment in these cars, as well as the fact that the Continental's trim is all blacked-out.
vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

Anyway, just thought this would be a good place to share. :Beer

I believe that one of them is "Dusty" Dustin and another might be Elmer Rolm. I'll contact their relatives and see if I can send them a link to this thread. I believe that there is a story about one of the test engineers dying in a crash while testing a Mark II.

barry2952 said:
I believe that one of them is "Dusty" Dustin and another might be Elmer Rolm. I'll contact their relatives and see if I can send them a link to this thread. I believe that there is a story about one of the test engineers dying in a crash while testing a Mark II.
That would be interesting to find out a little more on the story behind the pictures! See--now I know why I put them up here.

:steering

These pictures would seem to be from the same trip. They were supplied by "Dusty" Dustman's son-in-law Dennis. Dusty is not in any of the pictures so he must have taken them all.

Dennis says he will send Dusty a copy of the picture to identify the crewmembers.

2043424_18_full.jpg

2043424_16_full.jpg

2043424_17_full.jpg

2043424_19_full.jpg

2043424_20_full.jpg

2043424_21_full.jpg

barry2952 said:
These pictures would seem to be from the same trip. They were supplied by "Dusty" Dustman's son-in-law Dennis. Dusty is not in any of the pictures so he must have taken them all.

Dennis says he will send Dusty a copy of the picture to identify the crewmembers.

2043424_18_full.jpg

2043424_16_full.jpg

2043424_17_full.jpg

2043424_19_full.jpg

2043424_20_full.jpg

2043424_21_full.jpg
Wow, cool that you're finding stuff out. I've had these pictures forever, and really never knew much about them.

I'm just getting the dreaded "Red X" on these pictures. Hopefully your picture host or whoever will come back pretty soon--I'd love to see them!

Wow--they're working now. Those are cool pictures!

I know mine are from Pikes Peak, not from Arizona, but obviously the same kind of stuff is going on during about the same time frame. Some of the cast appears the same too, although the Continental looks different, or at least isn't sporting its aluminum wheels in the second set of pictures.

Really goos stuff though! Keep digging if you want. Love it!

Since these were preproduction cars, Continental disguised them with layers and layers of dirt.

2043424_22_full.jpg

2043424_23_full.jpg

2043424_24_full.jpg

Ford's Arizona proving grounds

2043424_25_full.jpg

Man those are awesome pics. Very intersting how Ford disguised their products during those times, Using dirt to cover them up. Very cool stuff. :monkey:

Here is a letter sent to the LCOC with some historical pictures of my car when it was black and then again when it was repainted green. These picturres were taken between 1963 and 1969.

340096_114_full.jpg

340096_115_full.jpg

340096_116_full.jpg

340096_117_full.jpg

340096_118_full.jpg

340096_119_full.jpg

The following picture was provided to me by the original oublic owner of the Derham Mark II convertible

340096_135_full.jpg

Everytime I see you're car Barry I get jealous. That car Rocks. :Beer :Beer

I think some pictures were lost in the hacker incident. If anyone remebers what they were......

I found this picture in the Ford archives. I've read an awful lot about the Mark II program but I don't believe anyone has said anything about a four door Mark II based on the original design. The Berline model, so named by Gordon Beuring, was a totally different model, based on the '58 Lincoln unibody platform.

I saw drawings that showed the parts that were necessary to make the 6" longer version. I think it's quite stunning and certainly forshadows the beautiful '61 Lincoln.

340096_334_full.jpg

Never knew there was going to be a sedan, it would have looked awesome. Learn somethin new everyday. :Beer

Those pictures are great! Man all of the buildings in the back ground look alomost brand new! (haha)

Members online

No members online now.
Back