Some advice on Spark Plug brand/grade?

Thanks for the info. I was planning on removing the end links and pulling the bar out one side enough to use a cutting wheel and get the old bushings off. Glad to know the energy route worked well for you. I plan on doing the same.

Can you verify that bushing part# 9.517G is correct?

I can not verify the part number, its been years...

I'm pretty sure I got the size/part number from a post NYC LS8 made in god knows what thread

I'm using NGK Iridium plugs. Probably don't last as long, but they will give you a more controlled spark than these other types.

Avoid anything like E3 and Bosch's 4 prong crap.

Off topic from spark plugs. But when you say OEM bushings, what do you recommend for GenII front sway bar bushings? To my knowledge, mine were adhesively adhered from the factory, so I'd presume I can't get OEM ones without getting an entire new OEM sway bar that comes with them already installed.

I was going to go the energy route unless you advise otherwise.

I remember hearing different results regarding ES bushings. They would slide along the bar a little bit and start coming loose in a year in what seemed like half the people that put them on. I have an 02 that had a bent bar from an accident. Put the 03-06 bar on and haven't looked back.

You're talking 10+ years for $140. That's pretty good. And since the bushings are molded to the bar, you have to cut the old ones off if you go with ES bushings.

For me, the savings are not worth the extra work and honestly a lower quality option

You're talking 10+ years for $140. That's pretty good. And since the bushings are molded to the bar, you have to cut the old ones off if you go with ES bushings.

For me, the savings are not worth the extra work and honestly a lower quality option

not really 10+ years, in my case it was more like half of that... it was one of the first things I did to my car repair wise. an 03 bought in 08 and the OEM bushings were shot, bad case of clunking over every bump and that was only at about 65k miles. the rubber was dry rotted and cracked. now here it is, 7 years later and the poly bushings are still as tight and firm as they were the day I put them on. while it may be extra work, I definetly not call them lower quality as they have gone a lot longer and a lot further and are still far from needing to be replaced... and as far as them coming loose after a year, well that comes down to an install issue as you reuse the same bolts so if they come lose, it sounds like that person didn't tighten them down correctly.

Members online

Back