Sold it.

Upstairs Chris

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hate to be another one of those guys, but I sold it. Truth be told, I already miss it, but needs outweigh want and other requirements were in order.

Replaced it with a 2014 Ram, quad cab, Hemi, 4wd, with the 8-speed. Its a great if you want to know, mileage is very impressive.

Anyway, here is a link to my for sale posting for spings and CAI. Listing these items on here before ebay.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?99619-LS-Eibach-Springs-and-K-amp-N-COI-For-Sale&p=2037410585#post2037410585

Ain't that something. Don't blame you, the LS is getting dated. Myself I'll be looking at getting rid of my silver 01 V8 next summer I'm sure.

All the Best Chris. Take care!

Hate to be another one of those guys, but I sold it. Truth be told, I already miss it, but needs outweigh want and other requirements were in order.

Replaced it with a 2014 Ram, quad cab, Hemi, 4wd, with the 8-speed. Its a great if you want to know, mileage is very impressive.

Anyway, here is a link to my for sale posting for spings and CAI. Listing these items on here before ebay.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?99619-LS-Eibach-Springs-and-K-amp-N-COI-For-Sale&p=2037410585#post2037410585

What did you get for it if you don't mind me asking. about to list my 03 sport with just over 122k on it but noticed there not worth much, even got turned down as a trade in when a family member bought a lexus over the week end lol. Really need to get a truck and this is all ready a second car.

I'm interested

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

What did you get for it if you don't mind me asking. about to list my 03 sport with just over 122k on it but noticed there not worth much, even got turned down as a trade in when a family member bought a lexus over the week end lol. Really need to get a truck and this is all ready a second car.

2,800, but that was from Carmax, I knew they'd low ball me but also like you I've had places refuse to make an offer on it too. They aren't worth anything it seems, so I resorted to Carmax because I needed a truck ASAP the A/C was out and the rear end was whining. I asked the local dealership to look at the rear end and just tell me whats wrong (good people, know them well, no cost) they basically said they don't get LS's anymore and none of their tech's have any experience with the car and quoted me $2,400 for the entire rear axle assembly. I knew it could be fixed by just finding what was worn out, but I really didn't have it in me to go hunting that problem down.

Good luck with sale.

Same with me. Just didn't have time to run down the problems. I believe it had tons of life left though.

They're giving up nothing for these cars. I was haggling, like "you guys are going to sell this car immediately. My car is NICE. Heck, YOU are probably going to buy it."

For reference I got $1.5k at a dealer for a 2003 v8 with 100K. It needed at least $1,000 of work. They immediately put it on the lot for $5.8k, without fixing anything.

I assumed I could get $3k on Craigslist, it just wasn't worth the hassle and time lost for me.

Yeah, I am sure I could do more on CL's but I really didn't want to deal with the shady texts and people coming to see it all the time. Mine had 70k on it when I sold it to Carmax with the problems I stated. I mean, for a service that took less than 2 hours and guarantee's a check, I thought it wasn't bad.

Did you disclose all the problems, or did they find any?

Unfortunately for me, only Car-rites are in my area. I was going to take it for an appraisal after the said dealership looked at it. This dealer mentioned it only needed new "struts". In reality, it probably needs a entire rear-end rebuild to alleviate the violent thud when taking off. Not to mention also needing an entire suspension rebuild. I figured I couldn't do any better at a place that actually takes the time to look over a vehicle lol.

I told them the A/C didn't work, but I didn't say anything about the rear end. You really had to know what you were listening for to find it, it was just barely audible. The closest carmax was 4 hours away, I waiting for a cool rainy day and drove it out there.

Say Chris, before you run off too far, you by chance still have that pic of yours that you used in one of the calander submissions?

It was where you had it parked along the curbside with a street view behind it and I think you did something in PS, where the backgrounds were gray scaled. Think I recall it also had other cars red tail lights streaked?

That was a great picture, was wondering if you'd be able to put that on the net somewhere in a placeholder for me to download, in it's original hi-def format.

Please.

#PosterMaterial +1

This one. I'll still lurk around probably.

LS timelapse.jpg

Try downloading it from here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8igS-TnDuzsMEZtU3NrV1YzLW8/view

LS timelapse.jpg

That's the one, thanks so much, I'll download it to my home pc when I get back home. Best LS picture I've seen to date. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back