Sold Her... Miss Her.... Can't decide what to do.

rubberducky700

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know there are others that have done the same and want some "logical" suggestions.

In February I Sold the HTRD LCN and ever since have had a horrible sense of regret. Had some elec. issues that cost me more that what I paid for fuel in all of 2010 due to not driving it anymore with a company car and decided it best to get something with a warranty... Ya I know right.

Now I see the new owner posting pics of it and I get a little depressed, I took a lot of pride in that car and sure miss it. I have thought about 300c's SRT's 05 TBirds Ect. But always end up going back to the though of another LS.

Is it wrong? Thoughts?

Thanks

Sean

No it is not wrong..

I was lucky enough to test drive a 2002 lse at 16 after driving several other cars at a much lower price point.. and it was awesome.. i was definitely wanting one of them.. this was on 2006.. i couldn't afford it though.. but 2 years later i had enough saved to buy a 06 ls.. and yes it drives amazing and looks hot.. and yea some days im like hmm.. should i trade in.. but the ls is on exceptional car and everytime i go and test drive what i can get for the money the ls is always the best bang for the buck and it always seems to just be the all around best car in looks, performance, etc.. so yea you miss it as you should..

buy another.. lol

I have been through a lot af cars, and every time I get rid of one I liked, I feel like I broke up with the girl I should of married......But, lucky for us, like women, they made more than one...

Found an '06 in pearl white with less than 50k just havent got serious enough to go drive it its a dealers demo. Drives her to the auctions. Its B E A utiful!

Like I always say, if you don't enjoy driving it then what is the point.

New, Old, Performance, Styling, etc, all secondary to the above :)

I second the idea of getting an '06 LS. All the syling of an LSE (minus the spoiler), and all the benefit of upgrades from the previous years. I am quite happy with mine.

Do not see myself ever selling my LS, but I will definitely be adding more vehicles in the future. Just because you want a new car doesn't mean you need to trade in or sell your LS. Just be patient and save up money for that next special car you want to make your own.

I slept on it and still feel the same. I don't really need the payment right now, but think maybe at somepoint an 06 wouldnt be a bad idea. A friend that is about 50 years older than I am or so told me as soon as he found out I sold it. "Boy, are you gonna hate yourself with regret for doing that."
"Boy he was all sorts of right"

-Sean

I decided to drive mine until it dies or until an 06 comes along for a good price I was fortunate enough to get my 2000 ls v8 six yrs ago with 90,000 miles on it for 6,900. Old church lady had it im the second owner :D

Its a great car. no doubt. but im sure if you find something you can start customizing, you'll be happy. What are you looking for in a car? performance, Style, Uniqueness, american?

I usually buy something different every year or two (just get bored), but had the LS for going on 5 i think, and can find anything i'd like to have better (in my range of course)

G-Rell the issue at hand is I do try looking at other lux sedans but it seams no matter how I love the power of the 300c srt8 or retro styling of an 05 t bird I just cant get over how much I loved driving my LS. yeah the 300 was fun but it wasn't nearly as nimble in my opinion and that was one of my favorite parts of the LS.

Blackls06 I double like what you say. The last year in most cases is the best year all around and in the case of the LS its beyond true. I guess Its time to quit settling on the idea of just having another and maybe waiting to get the right one.... HMM!

I know there are others that have done the same and want some "logical" suggestions.

In February I Sold the HTRD LCN and ever since have had a horrible sense of regret. Had some elec. issues that cost me more that what I paid for fuel in all of 2010 due to not driving it anymore with a company car and decided it best to get something with a warranty... Ya I know right.

Now I see the new owner posting pics of it and I get a little depressed, I took a lot of pride in that car and sure miss it. I have thought about 300c's SRT's 05 TBirds Ect. But always end up going back to the though of another LS.

Is it wrong? Thoughts?

Thanks

Sean

Not at all. Pick up a low mileage 06. Or, go for one of this - LS on steroids http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...ing=false&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

its tough... mines diffidently a love hate relationship, but theres no other car similar to these. there are a million of them out there, but i've seen some amzming looking chargers. I like having something a little more unique, but there are a ton of stuff you can do to those.

My ideal combination of a car would be to take an LS and stuff a Jag S-Type R engine, suspension, and brakes under it with an 8.8" upgrade done to the rear and a set of Eibach or H&R sport springs. That is the pinnacle of what I can see for my LS.

That would truly be an amazing car to drive. :)

I seen one blow past me the other day i think there beautiful cars!

I was never really fan of them until i saw one in person. It was 08 black on black STR. So sumptuous lookin.

Too bad the Jags don't have cooled seats....:(

Yea, and i don't understand that, since they were $75,000 new. Still though, they have the 3 times the luxury of Lincoln LS.

Too bad the Jags don't have cooled seats....:(

The XJ, XK, and XF do now have heated/cooled seats (standard on some models, optional on others). I don't think that the S-types ever did.

The S-types front end reminds me of the batmobile. Just saying. LOL

I never cared for their look much. Too similar to an old jag. *shrug*

I would still like to have the guts from an STR though.

LS on steroids indeed. May be a bit much. They may have 3 times the lux but they also have 3 times the elec :q:q:q:q too. That I would fear at some point. the lincolns are pretty predicable. A jag is like the 7 series I looked at. if one light comes on list it on craigslist.

Sean

LS on steroids indeed. May be a bit much. They may have 3 times the lux but they also have 3 times the elec :q:q:q:q too. That I would fear at some point. the lincolns are pretty predicable. A jag is like the 7 series I looked at. if one light comes on list it on craigslist.

Sean

How you know???? You owned one???

There are people out there with Lincoln LSs who have to fix the car on 3 month intervals, cause they break down so much -especially the gen1s. What is this mean, i don't have to buy one. Used to own a 2000 LS and within the 50,000 miles just had to change one coolant hose and that's it.

Despite the make and model, there is the good bunch and the bad bunch. Be picky and try finding one in the good bunch and you good money.

Sean

I would say that the S-types have about the same amount of electronics as the gen II LS.

G-Rell the issue at hand is I do try looking at other lux sedans but it seams no matter how I love the power of the 300c srt8 or retro styling of an 05 t bird I just cant get over how much I loved driving my LS. yeah the 300 was fun but it wasn't nearly as nimble in my opinion and that was one of my favorite parts of the LS!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a 300c is far from a luxury car. They might look like it on the outside and have great power options(SRT package), but the interior is very cheap looking and feeling.

I don't think I will ever sell my LS, but will have some additions to the driveway. Hopefully when I get finished with school next year, I will purchase a Pontiac G8 GT. Great aftermarket for that car with a powerful motor stock.

I do love the 300c but I agree. The interior is insanely cheap and if you ever sat in a charger or magnum, you wouldn't know which car you were in except for the badges and minor items.

I do love the 300c but I agree. The interior is insanely cheap and if you ever sat in a charger or magnum, you wouldn't know which car you were in except for the badges and minor items.

I rented a 300c on a business trip and it was definitely not what I would consider a luxury car. It honestly felt more like a 4-door family car. It was definitely not on par with my LS. Which is funny, considering Chrysler wants it to compete against STS and TownCars.

Maybe the SRT 300c would make up for it's lack elsewhere. The rental I had was just the V6 and it was about as gutless as you could get. A prius felt more responsive (no I'm not kidding).

Members online

No members online now.
Back