So why is the fastest N/A Mark VIII slower than the fastest 4.6 N/A T-Bird?

Thats a pretty complete chart there!

Now if some could do that with HP and MODs and the VIII... :D

I have a mark VIII that can run mid 12's in the 1/4 N/a. I have not had it down the track yet. It made 500+rwhp with 8psi boost.

DynoDaddy said:
I have a mark VIII that can run mid 12's in the 1/4 N/a. I have not had it down the track yet. It made 500+rwhp with 8psi boost.

I am trying to understand the 8psi boost to a car that is normally aspirated. Sounds like you have a super charger...which would not be normally aspirated.

its not normally aspirated lol, he says he has one that could run mid 12s and w/ a SC it made 500+

My '73 Bonneville weighs 4600lbs. There is now way these cars can weight that much and it looks as if the charts prove that. Thanks Joey.

Bluesman73 said:
My '73 Bonneville weighs 4600lbs. There is now way these cars can weight that much and it looks as if the charts prove that. Thanks Joey.

hey no problem bro, always here to help :)

In my opinion...

There's probably just flat out more T-Birds than Mark VIII's on the road period. Also take a look at what kind of people drive both of these cars. I'd say out of majority, the Mark VIII appeals more to the senior crowd (I am NOT prejudicing for I own one myself and I think it's an awesome car). Most T-Bird owners I see are not much older than 50... I see A LOT of people my age (18-30) driving T-Birds, which are more in the car modding stage. I've actually NEVER seen a younger person with a Mark VIII on the road around here, let alone for how many Mark VIII's I've ever even seen around here.

I'm sure Mark VIII's have potential to just be disgustingly fast, but like I said, there's not even that many people with them around.... let alone people that want to mod them.

There are fewer, true, but with prices coming down I have seen lots of the younger set with them. All you have to do is look around the board to see. T-Birds are more plentiful, it might be one of the reasons they are faster at this point.

jdlmkviii said:
In my opinion...

There's probably just flat out more T-Birds than Mark VIII's on the road period. Also take a look at what kind of people drive both of these cars. I'd say out of majority, the Mark VIII appeals more to the senior crowd (I am NOT prejudicing for I own one myself and I think it's an awesome car). Most T-Bird owners I see are not much older than 50... I see A LOT of people my age (18-30) driving T-Birds, which are more in the car modding stage. I've actually NEVER seen a younger person with a Mark VIII on the road around here, let alone for how many Mark VIII's I've ever even seen around here.

I'm sure Mark VIII's have potential to just be disgustingly fast, but like I said, there's not even that many people with them around.... let alone people that want to mod them.

Bingo.

I have a certified weight slip that shows my 98 Mark VIII at 3800 lbs gross with no one in it. Our 90 T-Bird Supercoupe is about 100 lbs heavier.

Well I'm happy to announce I finally get to pick up my Mark VIII in a week and I'm 28, so I'll be adding to that younger generation having fun with these cars. I plan to start modding as my budget allows which won't be much until I finish college, but I plan to do what I can. I would really like to get one of those wings before I repaint the car! We'll see---hopefully the tax return will allow me to do that.

Dick Hughes said:
I have a certified weight slip that shows my 98 Mark VIII at 3800 lbs gross with no one in it. Our 90 T-Bird Supercoupe is about 100 lbs heavier.

Probably the S/C!

Several things were done to try to keep the Mark lighter, the hood is composite not metal, rear control arms are alum. not steel, so is the diff. Most things I've seen the Its pretty close. A fully loaded Bird does weigh more.

...when you car shop, compare the quality of the T-birds with those of the Mark VIIIs. Almost every T-bird I saw was absolutely thrashed. It was a big let down. The Marks had all been pretty well maintained, even the P.O.S's still looked pretty well put together.

Members online

No members online now.
Back