So That's how a Town Car Handles. . .

babyhauler

LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought my first Town Car about 3 months ago, and I thought it was supposed to handle like a heavy truck. I have been doing a bunch of things to bring the maintenance up to date.

My tires and brakes were so bad I didn't drive it much and never went over 55 cause there was so much vibration. My braking options when I slowed down were either no brakes or skid!

This week I had my Tireman put on new tires, bearings, rotors, pads, and bleed the brake system, and do the alignment.

WOW-- Instead of riding like an old beat up truck I find it is actually nimble. It feels about half as big as it looks! And even on my 18 year old car- the ride is unbelievable- very smooth.

So far I am into it less than $2500 for the purchase, repairs and getting the maintenance up to date. That number will probably go to $4000 in the next few months.

I wouldn't trade it for any other ride. I would have to spend over $30,000 to find another car this nice.

OK, you won't believe this, but my tire guy is a good friend and he picked and brand of tires called "Kumho". I have no idea how good or bad they are, but he practically gave them to me. But with a name like that, I just don't know what to say!

Good to hear that the car is turning out better than expected. Kumho tires sound funny, but they are a good tire to have. What to say to a good tire cheap?...Thx Man!

I have Kumhos on the rear of my TC, nice tires. I put new shocks and urethane end links on mine and rides and handles better.

Tim

i have kumho tires all around. 215/50/15 on 100 spoke dayton knock offs.
they are great tires!
holler at your boy.

Members online

Back