So I got my Pup

JWerner2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Not exactly how I planed on going about it but it happened. Was turning into my development and saw what looked like a Chihuahua in a joking sense I was almost half tempted to not wreck my car and creme the thing. Instead I nipped the curb while turning to avoid it only scuffing my tire thank effin god and yet I still nipped the pup in his lip with my valance.

I get out and it turns out its fawn with black muzle pit pup.

The damn thing must have been out n the wild for a bit of time. I suggest hes about 8 weeks but packed with round worms and fleas. I couldnt do anything for the fleas cause I needed to treat the round worm so I did the good old Dawn dish soap soak. Took care of that so long as the fleas didnt have loads of eggs which Im sure they did.

I got some pics, not the best right now. Hes gut a small cut on his lip where I whacked him.

The thing was so dehydrated you could pull his skin back and it would just stay in that exact position and if you can see in the pick the poor guys eyes are bulging out almost making me think hes a Boxer, or at least mix but I honestly doubt it. Hes doing good now I gave him that bath but god knows what hes been eating. Hopefully not garbage, I would rather it be birds, rats or moles cause if not Im in for a few weeks of some bad puppy indigestion, gas, and poops!

I do know what I am feeding him though,... good old Taste Of The Wild ( for you dog lovers ) and I got a great cheap source for raw Rabbit.

Closest thing to a spiked color I could get in his size was this Harley Davidson studded collar,....:lol: Got it for him anyway and one for when he gets bigger,..... that ones not a Harley one thank god.:D

More pics to come once hes a bit more acclimated. The neighbor kid said he saw him running around a few days ago so god knows how long hes been outside but I doubt anyone is missing the guy. Its a shame cause he already has that pity me Pitty attitude the gentle breed is known for!

photo01591889148.jpg

photo01631983334.jpg

Whats ironic is the fact I really wanted a fawn Mastiff with black mask but I kind of got that in just a way smaller breed now anyway.

Of all the names I thought up pertaining to the situation ( including Lincoln ), I stuck with Crash!

awww man thats one awsome story.....good thing you didnt run him over that would of been tramatizing. I have a dog that we found in the streets also...actually it was my next door neighbors dog but she had the poor thing living in the streets she had given birth god knows how many times. She was scrummy all full of knots and she looked like she had just came out of a garbage can....she looked like a rag. So we took her in bathed her we took her to the vet to cut her hair and to get operated.....turns out underneath all that dirt and knots she was a beautiful maltesse.

awww man thats one awsome story.....good thing you didnt run him over that would of been tramatizing. I have a dog that we found in the streets also...actually it was my next door neighbors dog but she had the poor thing living in the streets she had given birth god knows how many times. She was scrummy all full of knots and she looked like she had just came out of a garbage can....she looked like a rag. So we took her in bathed her we took her to the vet to cut her hair and to get operated.....turns out underneath all that dirt and knots she was a beautiful maltesse.

Awesome!

Im pretty dead set on straight Pitty. Im thinking who ever was breeding in this area was breeding for fawn and since this little guy has some white on the tips of his paws they just ditched him. Some sick pigs are like that. Working in the Pet trade its all to common of a story.

Glad to hear your ending was a good one dude! I have seen pretty shabby dogs at some SPCA's and once they find a home and get cleaned up they turn out to be the opposite of what anyone would have thought.

I cant believe that jerk on CL in my other thread though. Scamming someone on E-Bay for a20$ car part or something is one thing I can live with but if Im expecting a new member to my family and nothing shows up that would make me wanna kill.

train him now while you can, my sister didn't train her dog until about a year old and that thing is a giant nightmare

Yeah, Im on it man. Hes still a bit young to press hard on but Im doing some things with him. Simple commands like his name, sit , and come. Th leash is a nightmare. I think he is just used to running in woods and fields, hes not so impressed with concrete or macadam but if I lead him into the grass he does ok on it. I think hes just glad to be warm and have his gut stuffed with raw rabbit and venison.

I think he has been eating fowl and somehow fish. I had some chicken out to thaw and out of all the dog foods and all I have laying around from Reps that visit the store and give me samples he wants the raw chicken or fish.

The fish is the only way I can get him his deworming meds.

He crapped a lot today and the bloat went down big time, now he dont look like a pot belly pig/chihuahua hybrid dog.

Im thinking about weight pulling. Some people that like hugging trees think its inhumane but for breeds like this its not exactly that its natural but a healthy way to stay fit and avoid all the common issues the breed is known to have if the dog is conditioned properly before competing.

Another thing about the small some what sport like thing is that lots of rescuers do it to rehabilitate Pitties and some other fighting dogs. It gives them something to compete in in a positive manner and I heard stories of some pretty nasty dogs being able to socialize with others again.

Apparently the world champ was a Saint Bernard pulling a weight sled weighing 2 tons!

I was also reading a book at work with a pick of a pit climbing a freaking tree!

This video shows the true reason why the dogs are mislead to be vicious dogs and such a mean fighter. Its not that they are mean, they want to satisfy the master and this breed dont stop till they do it! In the case of the slobs that fight dogs the dogs dont stop till the unfortunately die!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/Kx9YDs2g-4w/default.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DQlzNc8eKh0Y&usg=__Kj8nalECoRBL8AFQAjUIHqBoWo4=&h=90&w=120&sz=3&hl=en&start=28&um=1&tbnid=YUiC4L9H7W6wgM:&tbnh=66&tbnw=88&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPitbull%2Bclimbing%2Btree%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26sa%3DN%26start%3D18%26um%3D1

Congrats... Give that little guy some lovin from LVC!

He's is going to be a MONSTER!

Im glad you didn't whack the lil thing. Taste of the wild is a great dog food I recently switched my lil pack to the high praire formula and they refuse to eat the crappy Iams they used to get now.
Great find and good drivin'
My newest member is the pit thats between the Whipet and the chiuaua.

100_4260-1.jpg

TOTW is the shiznit! Im trying to get a spot as a rep for the Diamond corp in my state. They make three out of the top 10 foods. I like the all life stages type foods the most. You know you are getting everything natural and no extra supplements/steroids like Science Diet Puppy or Iams and Pro Plan ( actually I can go on for days with this list:rolleyes: ).

All the Diamond foods are great foods. We sell the real Diamond, not its other products ( we do sell those also BTW ) for 26.00 a 50lb bag and I had customers switch from Science Diet which costs around 40+ for a 45lb bag. Vets recommend it cause the extra cash Hills puts in the pockets yet the dogs do so much better on the regular Diamond than the SD and eat way less cause they actually get to use the ingredients the foods offer so the bag lasts longer and is better on the wallet and the dog/cats health!

Im still trying to get him to eat the High Prairie cause he has honestly got to be used to eating birds or something like I said but hes been showing more interest in it throughout the day. I grabbed a bag of the Fowl today and he eats it so what ever. He needs the extra weight the duck and all has to offer with its fat anyway right now. This Pups such a lap dog. I been wanting a dog since we got this new house but the wife thought we weren't ready. She still disagreed with me when I was trying to pick up the Mastiff but whats funny is when I got the pup out of the bath she wrapped him up and cradled him like our first born the day she was born and had that same glow. But the damn thing is just irresistible! We had him in the shop today and when people over heard us talking about rescuing him they would immediately ask when he would be up for adoption. I snickered and said Never!!!! He's mine!

That Pit looks nice! Reminds me of one that might have Weimaraner in his blood somewhere.

I never saw a Whippet like that before in my life and for a Chihuahua that things looking menacing with its overbite. Cool pack man!

In a few weeks he gets to meet my brother in laws Leonburger pup, this should be cool! To bad its getting cold out. I really wish this would have happened while it was still warm so I could walk the pup down to the beach and let it run around. I got this lake/giant pond in my yard also so come this time next year hes gunna be a beast!

My pit is UKC purple ribbon American pit bull terrior. Ive had many mixed that I have rescued over the years but never had a pure bred.
As for our Chihuahua he doesnt have an overbite, I think his lip was just stuck to his teeth or something, he an idiot that thinks he is a doberman.

Werner nice find! He sure is a cute pit. Chromebrow I really like how your pit looks too.

good looking pup..we have a rednose pit that we rescued too. As far as I'm concerend...she is the most loving dog I've ever had.

I gotta ask what is the taste of the wild stuff..I've never heard of it and I'm curious?

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/

An awesome APBT site I found a year or so back.

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/

If you dont have a good source for raw, Natures Variety processed raw will make any dog look like a million dollars also.

Well, maybe half a mill:D
Werner nice find! He sure is a cute pit. Chromebrow I really like how your pit looks too.

Thanks dude. I cant wait to get a few ore pics. His Fawn coat is coming in crazy nice with just some proper bathing.

My pit is UKC purple ribbon American pit bull terrior. Ive had many mixed that I have rescued over the years but never had a pure bred.
As for our Chihuahua he doesnt have an overbite, I think his lip was just stuck to his teeth or something, he an idiot that thinks he is a doberman.

First vet trip is next week. Hopefully I can get a sample and they can dig in and find what he is mixed with if anything. That Chihuahua is funny though man! I get them in at work and they always wanna take everyone on. I seen one push a Golden Doodle back into a end cap by just its bark,.... I would be pissed at the world my self if everything was bigger than me though,... thats one thing I consider when I see a stray Chihuahua. Unless they come to me I stay the hell away:D

jwerner - what a great looking pup - Does he have name yet - or are you still contemplating?

I thought I posted it somewhere, but its Crash.

Thanks Fox Paws.

Crash test puppies spring swimming hole.

photo01719397726.jpg

You cant see it but off the the left of the screen there is a canal that feeds another lake with a island. It has a bridge connecting to it of course and it has a dock. My neighbor has a black lab he lets swim there. Hes doing that sport ( what ever its called ) where they toss the bumpers out into the water and the dogs run along the dock and try to catch it. Who ever has a successful catch and gets the furthest wins I guess. Im gunna give that a try also but not competitively.

Heres a another of Crash...

photo01729670642.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back