Snow and Cold where I Live

That's what happens when you drink too much beer...:D

:)
Do, do, do, looking out MY backdoor...

DSC00454.jpg

Wanna go swimming???

DSC00459.jpg

Most of the snow was gone from the last storm, but we got about five or six inches of new snow today, so it's all nice and pretty outside. The area between my house and garage looked like a freaking snow globe--these great big snowflakes were just swirling around, sparkling in the sun. It was incredibly beautiful, but none of the pictures I took adequately captured the scene...

It snowed back in December ... Since then there's been about 1 to 2 foot of snow covering the yard .... Had to take the snow blower to the back yard so our little dog could get out to piss and $hit. Last snow he bounded out and turned and gave me the phuck you look ... The Malamute just pranced around rolled a few times and had a ball.

They are predicting temps above 30 for next week ... Hmmm .... Spring is on it's way ...

It snowed back in December ... Since then there's been about 1 to 2 foot of snow covering the yard .... Had to take the snow blower to the back yard so our little dog could get out to piss and $hit. Last snow he bounded out and turned and gave me the phuck you look ... The Malamute just pranced around rolled a few times and had a ball.

They are predicting temps above 30 for next week ... Hmmm .... Spring is on it's way ...

That's it right there.... snow blower.... makes all the difference. We officially got 22" of the white fluffy stuff. Took quite a bit of time to shovel the drive. That was officially a record for this area in a 24 hr period (actually fell in 12).

And somehow I'm a bit unsure about taking my LS with its 8" of front ground clearance through this mess tomorrow. I'll post up some pics in a bit...

attachment.jpg

Good thing you put the wipers up :)

Were these great big snowflakes just swirling around, sparkling in the sun????

:lol:

-26 here this morning. Doesn't really snow when it's this cold out.

-26 here this morning. Doesn't really snow when it's this cold out.
We had a few places in Oklahoma that were that cold this morning. My back porch was a relatively balmy -9*F this morning.

Its funny how northerners think that 15 degrees down south isnt cold.

Ive lived in the north and 15 degrees down here feels like 0 up there. It really isnt the same....also the ice down here is much worse since they wont use salt....just sand.

Factor in the wind and its bitter cold. snow doesnt bother me at all. what bothers me is when it comes down and then the temperature drops below 20 and everything turns into ice and doesnt go the hell away.

blah blah blah.... it's cold that sucks. Spring is right around the corner here in the (mid)south. We had -15F here this morning. Didn't do much for the 24" of snow we got Tuesday night into Wednesday. Had to call in a friend with a truck to pick me up for work. LS sits too low to get through it, I tried.

Here's some picks for your pleasure (the LS stays in the garage with the wife's car, points if you can identify it by the limited view in the pic).

snow.jpg

snowed.jpg

Its funny how northerners think that 15 degrees down south isnt cold.

15 degrees is 15degrees no matter were you are.... its the same.
Its not that I think it isn't cold, just think its funny when we get to "share" it. :)
Just remember when you get 15 we get -20.
That is a 35 degree swing.
- 20 with a strong wind will kill you.
You learn to pack chit in your car, so if something happens you will be ready.

At 15*F, Minnesotans think about putting on long-sleeved shirts. :D

We were at -9*F this morning; it's supposed to be over 60*F this weekend, and possibly in the 70s next week...that's a hell of a swing.

Its not that I think it isn't cold, just think its funny when we get to "share" it. :)

You only get to "share" it when it breaks a record (or is otherwise extreme or unusual)

We were at -9*F this morning; it's supposed to be over 60*F this weekend, and possibly in the 70s next week...that's a hell of a swing.

I hear you. Similar swing over the last weekend: 72 on Saturday, -5 Monday.

here we go again.... Heavy Snow with 40+mph winds. 20+ inches predicted.

Cant even fly out to tropical Florida. over 700 flights have been canceled....:(:(:(
Glad i stocked up on Spam.....

Localy they've done such a piss poor job of plowing and road maintenence, (potholes), i decided to stay home and save wear and tear on my ball joints.

Members online

No members online now.
Back