Slow acceleration

MarkedMan

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the ribber intake tube gasket ( the one that costs 60 bucks and is oval shaped) and I found out that the rubber t hose that goes to the pcv was bad. After I replaced them I now have slow acceleration infirst gear. What I mean is that at a full stop when I hit the gas it will slowly accelerate I never had that problem til I replace the hose and intake gasket. I the good side after replacing them I've never seen my mark have better mileage before.Can anyone think of what might be wrong

Jim

Thats a strange one. Did you possibly break any of the little brittle plastic vaccume lines during any of the work you performed?

Also a side note on slow acceleration, I had a customer come in today that we had done chip, maf and exhaust on like 3 years ago. he was complaining about the car not pulling like it used to, it was doen on mph at the track and he was 2 tenths off his typical times and all, we checked everything, it was all good until I came to the accelerator cable/throttle cable.

Guess what?

He put it to the floor and then I pushed the tb all the way open, he was only getting 80% throttle due to the fact the cable was stretched so bad. Something to check. Not really related but something to check none the less.

i noticed that with mine , didn't realize it till the wot switch for the nitrous wouldn't activate sometimes
i just push harder , but it is going to have to be replaced soon
i had to fix the intake tube gasket on my car , but all it did on mine is make it idle and run smoother ,hmmm sounds like something got accidentily knocked off

I just remembered, when I got the engine in my 94, I forgot to put the screw that holds the throttle linkage to the bracket. I was having all kinds of problems with it till I noticed the problem.

I check all the vacuum lines and all seem to be fine. I think the problem I'm having has to do w/ the tranny. I've been getting a shutter at low speeds. I was told from the tranny shop that the converter might not be locking up I'm gonna be taking it in today.

You can check the converter lockup when your on the highway. Maintain a consistent 55mph then while keeping your foot on the gas just lightly tap the brake and this will unlock the converter and you will see the tach rise about 200 rpm's then it should go back into lockup within 3 seconds.

When I on the highway if I let my foot off the gas wait a second then hit it again the car will take a second to go like its missing

Members online

Back