Shout out to DLF !

joeynat

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just a big appreciation shout out to DLF (mad scientist) for working on my "Rusty Ass Car !"

HID install with housings, new/used excellent shape oil pan, oil pan gasket, oil filter adapter gasket, fuel filter, stainless steel brake lines, transmission and power steering cooler lines, new steering joint, new motor mounts.
Not to mention hours of beadblasting, thread chasing, cutting, spraying, blow torch, grinding and God knows what else. I know im missing more.

I feel a hell of alot safer driving it now since the brakes blew out on the first day !

Thanks again Doug, keep the lift free !
Hopefully exhaust and gears really soon ! :D

Thanks and you're quite welcome. We'll get to the rest of it as soon as we can.

p.s. Did you get a chance to look at all of the pics yet?

I can speak for Doug's excellent work as well. My 98 LSC has been to his garage a couple of times too. I believe he now officially specializes in rusty Mark VIII's. (mine would be included in that rusty club). :D

Ken

Rust? What rust? :eek:

HPIM4173.jpg

HPIM4480.jpg

HPIM4536.jpg

HPIM4537.jpg

HPIM4539.jpg

My God, Doug, you worked some magic. No wonder he's so happy. That rust looked HORRIFIC. I think that's one of the worse I have ever seen. The finished result looks excellent though. I hope y'all or (you) will be getting to the steering joints soon before they snap in half.

Pretty sure he did the streering joint.

Regardless, everything looks alot better. Good job.

My God, Doug, you worked some magic. No wonder he's so happy. That rust looked HORRIFIC. I think that's one of the worse I have ever seen. The finished result looks excellent though. I hope y'all or (you) will be getting to the steering joints soon before they snap in half.

Pretty sure he did the streering joint.

Regardless, everything looks alot better. Good job.

The stock rag joint was cut off, the steering shaft cleaned up and painted, and a new steering joint installed. :cool:

HPIM4597.jpg

HPIM4625.jpg

HPIM4631.jpg

HPIM4632.jpg

HPIM4653.jpg

HPIM4713.jpg

Wow, and I thought my car had rust on it. No wonder everyone told me to shut up.:shifty:

Dougs good people..

And you thought my car had some rust :p

I don't get how 2 of my Marks were NJ cars and the only rust I got was on the exhaust studs from the cat on my 98'. Then the flange that connected to the single pipe on my 96' :confused:

Don't know how I am getting away with rust free NJ Mark's :shifty:

I don't get how 2 of my Marks were NJ cars and the only rust I got was on the exhaust studs from the cat on my 98'. Then the flange that connected to the single pipe on my 96' :confused:

Don't know how I am getting away with rust free NJ Mark's :shifty:

Pure luck. :cool:

Great work, as always, Doug!

I'll tell ya, my car looks nowhere near as rusty underneath as that car until you look at my rear axle nuts. Those fvkers look like they were submerged in salt water for 50 years. It's bizarre. All the times that the differential has been out, I'm certain they've never been broken lose because a mechanic sees that and says fvck it.

Doug, you've got a hell of a knack for these cars.

damm Doug makes mikes and my work like a walk in the park. makes a guy want to say take the radiator cap off and drive another car under it. but when you get done with one like that you get a charge out of having done something right. like mike and i when we built the pumpkin. good job guys from an old tube bender. jd

Members online

No members online now.
Back