should I get a LS?

r103

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a car. I like the LS's, but do not know about how well they hold up can you guys help. Are they prety reliable?

ummm I think your going to get a biased opinion asking that question here ;)

But here is how I ended up with my 03 Lincoln LS V8 sport

I have a friend who is a salesman at a Chrysler dealership and I told him to keep an eye out for a nice 300 C and I was ready to buy soon. Well next day he calls me up and says they picked up a Lincoln LS V8 sport loaded with only 9K miles on it and that I should come down and drive it or they were going to wholesale it because the dealership paid $4k bellow MSRP for it.

Well I did drive it the next day and 20 mins later I'm signing my life, left arm, right testicle for it. And have been loving it ever since (almost 2 weeks now)

My plans for it are.... (this changes day by day)

Port & Polish the heads

Supercharger

CAI

Exhaust

SCT' Xcalibrator Flasher http://www.motorhaven.com/product.php?productid=16686&cat=274&page=1

(not in that order of course)

I don't want to do more because if my math is right that will put me over 340 HP and so far people say thats all the tranny can handle with out being upgraded. After I do that I will put a small shot of NOS and bottle feed my baby after some stronger internals are available.

Other than that I'm glad I did not get the 300 C for 1 because of the LS and for 2 300C's are like a#$%holes everyone has one now! :L

whatsupadrian said:
Amazing cars with a handful of unique problems. WARRANTY IS A MUST!

Most of the unique problems seem to center around the transmission, not a real surprise given some of Fords history with transmissions. Other than that its a great car and real blast to drive.

I love mine, very few problems. Definetly get an extended warranty. Repairs can get costly. Good luck.

extend the warranty and drive away. I like mine I had a few problems but nothing too crazy

Members online

No members online now.
Back