Should I fix up my Mark V or Scrap it?

Isaac-1200

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I got a 79 Mark V for like 500 bucks it runs and drives fine it just needs body work a steering column, a gauge cluster, two quarter windows and various trim pieces. So should I part it out and scrap the car or fi it up paint it etc sell it? The guy said his uncle got it from Cali and im on the east coast. The bottom of it completely rust free.

Whatever you do, don't scrap a car that is rust free and works. If it feels too much of project for you, find out its scrap price and at least list it for that much so others can fix it.

I got it for scrap on the intent to make money but to get parts i have to order them from junk yards 4-6 hours away and those bills add up quickly Ill post pics of it so anyone can tell me how much I might get from an Ebay auction etc image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's a Bill Blass designer model!! You can't scrap it! It doesn't look that bad. A good cleaning would make a world of difference. Where are you located? I have a friend in new jersey that has two 78 diamond jubilee edition marks. He may have some trim pieces he would sell cheap. I have a 76 black diamond mark 4 my wife bought me for a Christmas present. It has 65000 original miles. I will never sell it. These old marks ride like nothing else. I like my mark 8 but love my mark 4.

That is a good looking Mark. Whether or not you still need pieces i live 30 min from a junk yard that has a 79 Lincoln town coupe with various pieces of trim on it and a 79 Lincoln mark 5 collector series with all of its trim except the front cornering lights(Of course). So if you are still interested in parts hit me up! Or anyone for that matter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back