shocks

Theres loads available. If you order for a 96' T bird they are cheaper too. I just used monroe sensatracs from rock auto for the t bird and they were real cheap. Better ones are available just depends what you want. Do a search on here.

Best bang-for-buck; Monroe Sense-Trac. $28 a piece.
Best for handling; Billstein or Edelbrock IAS. $75 a piece.

...but if we put the "best handling" shocks, don't we ultimately end up with a slightly better than decent handling car with a bumpy ride, compared to a smooth ride and respectable handling with the sensatracks?

Well whatever you do, get solid mounts. My new OEM ones are already shot after maybe three years of use...

Could always go Koni adjustables, 8041 1202Sport. KONI online Price: $279.00 per pair

Thats what I did. Ride is amazing and being adjustable gives you the feel you want. I found them on an auction a lot cheaper than that though.

Well whatever you do, get solid mounts. My new OEM ones are already shot after maybe three years of use...

I really don't agree with this "sorry good friend and one of my best advice givers"

You can make a decent shock mount out of the old ones just using the bushings that come with the new shocks. Unless you have the extra money to throw around get them but otherwise you don't need to. Your new modded mounts will be shot about the same time the shocks are ready to be replaced. My 2 cents... but Unity is right there are solid mounts available.

...but if we put the "best handling" shocks, don't we ultimately end up with a slightly better than decent handling car with a bumpy ride, compared to a smooth ride and respectable handling with the sensatracks?

You can't have your cake and eat it, too...;)

Members online

Back