Shocks and struts

Benjaminws

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need shocks and struts for my 06 LS and can’t find the shocks anywhere, any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey guys I need shocks and struts for my 06 LS and can’t find the shocks anywhere, any help would be greatly appreciated
What do you mean by shocks and struts? Typically, a strut is an assembly with the shock and the spring, so what do you really need? Do you need the springs? Technically, the LS does not have structs, it has a much better suspension than a strut suspension. It has coil springs over shocks. The factory sport shocks are all long gone. The few aftermarket shocks for the LS are all pretty crappy.

Yeah that’s it.. is “loaded coils” the right term? What are the aftermarket ones?
There are aftermarket shocks. There's no supply of the shocks with the coils loaded. There never has been.

They don't exist, you can use cheap kybs from Rock Auto for 56 bucks a corner or do a jag conversion and use Bilstein for about $300+ a corner, not counting labor. The kybs definitely aren't sporty but they are better than blown out factory ones. Might be able to get used ones in eBay or junk yard but i wouldn't, too expensive and never know the condition. I did the kybs cause i had to put about 4000 more into other parts on the junker i bought, otherwise I'd have spent more for the Bilsteins,i plan on doing that next time if the car lasts that long.

Just throw the kybs on for 200 bucks if you can do it yourself, not too hard but front ones are a little more dangerous cuz they have higher spring pressure but if you have a proper spring compression tool it's pretty easy.

Yeah looks like I’ll be selling her

The springs are re-useable... so you would only need the shocks.

If you can find the front and rear shocks at a decent price... you could buy them and take your car to a shop... and have them install them.

One suggestion... do NOT buy the cheapest shocks. They won't last long.

And yes... Bilstein does make shocks that will mount to the LS... but there is some spring incompatibility which requires buying all new springs too.

The afforementioned $300 per cornern is accurate. It all depends on the milage you have on your car... and if you plan on keeping it for a few more years.

6112254C-58C8-4F8F-9F89-4EE72941D354.png

Rock Auto had Sachs when i did mine but you guys told me they were garbage so i got kyb instead.

Sachs had a few different "levels" of shocks a number of years back. At the time there was only the "entry level" version available.

I tried finding a part number on their website... and nothing came up. So most likely discontinued and no longer available.

The KYB's are good... or as good as can get at this point... without upping to the Bilstein B4 shocks.

It's a shame too. Sachs, Koni, KYB, and others had 2 or 3 levels of shocks for the LS almost a decade ago. Now a person is lucky to find decent entry level shocks.

Sachs had a few different "levels" of shocks a number of years back. At the time there was only the "entry level" version available.

I tried finding a part number on their website... and nothing came up. So most likely discontinued and no longer available.

The KYB's are good... or as good as can get at this point... without upping to the Bilstein B4 shocks.

It's a shame too. Sachs, Koni, KYB, and others had 2 or 3 levels of shocks for the LS almost a decade ago. Now a person is lucky to find decent entry level shocks.
I’ll be happy with anything, where can I find these KYBs

No... there were never any "loaded" shocks (what most people call struts). Never sold that way from a parts store... or dealer.

It was mentioned above (somewhere) that they didn't come that way.

I also already said above somewhere... that the springs would have to be installed by a shop.

Members online

Back