Sharia Law

cammerfe

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
There are reports that a rally in support of sharia law for the US is scheduled for March 3, at the White House. Let's hope that it takes place and gets overwhelming media attention. The main speaker scheduled is the head of a banned, terrorist-connected outfit from England.

If we can actually hear what this a sshole has to say, and it's faithfully translated, there will be a chance for the American populace to really find out about sharia.

KS

Sharia law, by definition is unconstitutional in the US as it is faith based law.

:q:q:q:q sharia law and everything it stands for.

So how was that rally? What? Didn't happen?

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/03/03/sharia_protest_cancelled

Seems like you fell for it. This was never on the WH agenda. Another conspiricy amplified by the right-wing fringe of Fox & Friends.

A rally calling for an extreme version of sharia to reign in America has been canceled by its organizer, British publicity hound Anjem Choudary.

Earlier this week I profiled Choudary, a fringe figure with no public support and a long history of planning provocative events, garnering huge press attention, then not following through. So the cancellation is not a surprise. Nor is it particularly surprising that right-wing media outlets like Fox, the Daily Caller, and WorldNetDaily dutifully provided exhaustive coverage of Choudary's rally.

Here's Glenn Beck a few days ago claiming that Choudary's rally proves all of Beck's theories about the coming caliphate to be true. "Do you think this is not the moment that I've been saying for five years?" Beck asks.

Ironically, anti-sharia protesters showed up at the White House today anyways (here is the guy who wanted to burn the Quran last year, Terry Jones). Writes Adam Serwer:

Frank Gaffney's Center for Security Policy seized on the rally, announcing a counter press conference "warning of threat of Shariah law to the Constitution." Now, in a cruel, ironic twist of fate, the foil they were promised will be absent. It's practically a metaphor for the entire sharia panic in the first place.

Will the media learn its lesson and avoid falling for Choudary's tricks again? One can hope.

Justin Elliott is a Salon reporter. Reach him by email at jelliott@salon.com and follow him on Twitter @ElliottJustin More: Justin Elliott

Actually, Johnny, I only posted the notice in the first place to give you a chance to act snarky and superior.:rolleyes:

KS

Sure you did. But thanks anyway. :D

Gee, I drop by out of the blue and there's been no posts here for like 4 days. Getting slow now that Foss left? :confused:

So how's life in Michigan? Counting the days before the GOP up there take all your voting rights away? They just voted-in a new rule that allows the GOV to remove local elected officials and install his own "handler" of local issues. It won't be long before elections are declaired a drag on the Michigan economy and those are eliminated.

We don't really like Muslims and don't want them here.
Individually they may be fine but as a culture they don't belong here.
9/11 was a clash of civilizations if you can call Islam civil.
They are incompatible with american values and and don't respect the seperation of church and state.
Many aspects of their culture and practices are totally repugnant to the typical American.
They have nothing to offer we may want or need and we've had to pour enormous resources into the FBI and Homeland Security watching them.
In their impotence their extremists talk of one day taking over America and turning us into Muslims-how they would do that I don't know.Best to keep them to less than 1% of the population .6% currently.
In countries where they are this thin they are "peaceful" and don't make trouble.
If we need population there's plenty of Christian Mexicans we can let in who want to be like us and don't consider us infidels to be subjugated.

We don't really like Muslims and don't want them here.
Individually they may be fine but as a culture they don't belong here.
9/11 was a clash of civilizations if you can call Islam civil.
They are incompatible with american values and and don't respect the seperation of church and state.
Many aspects of their culture and practices are totally repugnant to the typical American.
They have nothing to offer we may want or need and we've had to pour enormous resources into the FBI and Homeland Security watching them.
In their impotence their extremists talk of one day taking over America and turning us into Muslims-how they would do that I don't know.Best to keep them to less than 1% of the population .6% currently.
In countries where they are this thin they are "peaceful" and don't make trouble.
If we need population there's plenty of Christian Mexicans we can let in who want to be like us and don't consider us infidels to be subjugated.

Is all that above serious? In any matter I got a good laugh.

Is all that above serious? In any matter I got a good laugh.

I try to be entertaining.
I have formed my opinion of Islam.
Sounds like you haven't yet and want
to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I try to be entertaining.
I have formed my opinion of Islam.
Sounds like you haven't yet and want
to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Nicely put, atleast you call it an opinion while some force their opinions on others passing it on like it's the truth.

Nicely put, atleast you call it an opinion while some force their opinions on others passing it on like it's the truth.

There are many competing truths not just the truth in a discussion like this.
My late father used to say that a human being is a contradiction and can hold 2 or more seemingly contradictory opinions at the same time.
It's a matter of the number of truths that add up to an opinion.
Even Hitler had his moments of humanity.
Muslims cannot seperate church and state under Islam and their religion is central to their identity.
Islam is very insecure and the penalty for leaving is death whereas all other religions merely say you won't get eternal life.
Islam is also the only religion that wants to kill you here on earth now instead of denying you heaven later.
We have enough issues keeping our own religious zealots at bay in the Republican party.
The seperation of church and state is based on the Henry the 8th experience and protection from religious tyranny ie The Church of England.
Islam is religious tyranny if they have to threaten death for becoming an apostate or being an infidel (a non Muslim)
Left to themselves they bomb their own places of worship and funerals over different sects as to who is a true Muslim.
It's the lumpen desert nomad Wahabbis running Saudi Arabia that are the real religious nut jobs who forment the radicalism in Islam.
On their own they are generally dim (with a few exceptions like any group or culture) and as a people can't even run the oil fields we discovered and built for them.
There are 500,000 expatriots mostly British and American running the infrastructure and engineering.
If Hitler had won and Stalin was not restrained by the bomb after WW2 either one would have run them out and killed the ones who didn't flee and siezed the oil fields, the greatest treasure in the world.
They are lucky that this huge oil discovery happened in history when it did because in previous times they would have been routed by superior forces and the oil fields siezed.
IMO we're better off not letting more of them into this country until things change which could be 20-50 years.

My late father used to say that a human being is a contradiction and can hold 2 or more seemingly contradictory opinions at the same time.

I thought that was just Feminists... ;)

I thought that was just Feminists... ;)

What's best for an individual is not nessesarily what is best for a society.
There can be a contradiction there.
What's best for America 4% of the world population is not nessarily what is best for the rest of the world but that is the human condition.

Personally I try to play my wife's contradictions to my advantage:p;)

Members online

Back