Serious car problem

Venom, I am going to repalce the fuel filter, I think it may be a part of the problem, plus it couldn't hurt o replce it. I am also thinking maybe replace the relay as well.

The fuel filter will probably show up as a high speed problem, but it surely doesn't hurt to change it. I'd change both the PCM and the fuel pump relays. The PCM relay is known to fail on the LS.

I know new cars are different, but I had a 1979 Mercedes Benz which had this problem. It was the fuel filter. Now I know new cars tend to have both fuel filter in the fuel pump, and lifetime expectations, but nothing is foolproof.

The LS filter is neither a lifetime filter nor in the fuel tank. It's behind the front driver's wheel and is supposed to be replaced every 30K miles.

The LS filter is neither a lifetime filter nor in the fuel tank. It's behind the front driver's wheel and is supposed to be replaced every 30K miles.

I have 80,000k and never replaced, and as far as high speed, It does at high speed and low speed, Its random....

Thanks Joe, i will replace both relays, I figuire if these things don't fix the problem they are helpful in the long run, I will keep everyone posted.

I probably won't do much until friday.

So guys, heres the latest. I cleaned the IAC, can't get the nut on the EGR off, it just wasn't having it and I'd rather not break it.

So after that it ran great all after noon until I was a mile or so from home then it ran like total :q:q:q:q.

So tomorrow I am going to replace the fuel filter and I want to run an injecter cleaner just to help everything out.

Is there a a good injector cleaner?

Heres my current data.
1) vacuum at idle 20Hg

2) air/fuel ration, very lean probably like 16:1 - 17:1

3)Idle rpm at start up 1500 for about 10 to 15 seconds then down to 900rpm. Normally it was around 600 rpm.

4)volts -13

5)temp- 180'

Redline SL-1, or the Chevron stuff IIRC. They are the only ones that contain some jet fuel additive, which is what does the actual cleaning.

I doubt that one or two failing coils would actually stall the engine.

two and a dirty throttle body can lol (happened to mine).

mine usually stalled when hard braking to a stop. and once while accelerating on the highway

two and a dirty throttle body can lol (happened to mine).

mine usually stalled when hard braking to a stop. and once while accelerating on the highway

Thats what mine does, it stalls around turns when I slow down, and when i get on it it will stall, as well as going slow sometimes

13 Volts at idle is a little low unless you have a bunch of stuff running . Mine is 14.3 at idle (when I have a working alternator).

I haven't put anything in my tank for cleaning injectors for the 2 years that I've owned my 2006. I wonder if I should be doing this on some type of frequency as preventive maintenance, or wait until I start getting symptoms (reactive maintenance).

I'm assuming preventative maintenance, but at what frequency? Once or twice a year?

:confused:

13 Volts at idle is a little low unless you have a bunch of stuff running . Mine is 14.3 at idle (when I have a working alternator).

I had the lights on and all 4 of my gauges. It was inbetween 13 and 14

Man, after reading all this and thinking about it, I would think you have a good chance with the fuel filter. Sure, it MAY not be it but if its never been replaced there could be some crud floating around causing the issue.....I don't know, I'm just hoping its something this simple and you're back on the road with no worries soon.

And yes, I thought for sure we were going to be pushing your car! LOL!

I know and then it just srated right and was fine for a while again.

And screw that bartender he was a douche

I had a similar issue and it was the fuel filter so change that its very easy and its like 10 bucks for one.

Yeah I'm getting a fuel filter and injecter cleaner as well as a couple other things and I will let you know if it fixes the problem because this has stumped everyone I talked to about it so the information will be very helpful to others in the future

I own a ford F-150 and had the same issues, changed the fuel filter and some injector cleaner and it solved my issue, either way its a cheap start.

I own a ford F-150 and had the same issues, changed the fuel filter and some injector cleaner and it solved my issue, either way its a cheap start.

I look at it as it should be done anyways, I have 80,000 miles or so. So even it it won't solve the problem it should be done.

Thanks for all the help guys.

so I have tried about a million thing, I put new fuel filter, injector clean cleaned filter. Oh and spend 110 dollars on a fukking dead MAF sensor. got a P0102 MAF sensor low input. So is that a maf sensor.

Is the ner MAF bad

Or is there an issue with the voltage going to the sensor. It funs better but I hit the gas and it dies sometimes.

so I have tried about a million thing, I put new fuel filter, injector clean cleaned filter. Oh and spend 110 dollars on a fukking dead MAF sensor. got a P0102 MAF sensor low input. So is that a maf sensor.

Is the ner MAF bad

Or is there an issue with the voltage going to the sensor. It funs better but I hit the gas and it dies sometimes.

I had a similar problem, I would give over 1/2 throttle and it would die. My problem was the coils

An intermittent engine is caused by either an interruption in the electrical flow or in the fuel flow. Since the engine will run with only four cylinders active, it's probably not the coils themselves, or the injectors themselves either. It will help to monitor the fuel pressure. If it's suddenly down, it may be the pump (electrical?) or a filter. If pressure is steady.... You can see the sort of thinking that'll finally solve this for you. Good Luck!!!

KS

Is the ner MAF bad

A bad MAF will cut all fuel flow and stall the engine.
Yes, it could be a wiring issue to the MAF.

Hey joe, you don't hapen to have a wiring diagram for the MAF sensor, I'm having a new one shipped to my house so I'm going to put that in today. but if it doesn't work I want to know where to check as far as wiring goes.

Thanks Joe

Hey joe, you don't hapen to have a wiring diagram for the MAF sensor, I'm having a new one shipped to my house so I'm going to put that in today. but if it doesn't work I want to know where to check as far as wiring goes.

Thanks Joe

I have one for the gen II, but the gen I MAF sensor is very different from what I have seen.

Members online

No members online now.
Back