Sell my 98 - price?

purpony

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Decided im selling my mark, whats it worth?

'98 LSC, Midnight grey, grey leather. 55,000 miles.

Upgrades all done within the last 5,000 miles- Tokico Blue T-bird F & R shocks
Vogtland 1.6" lowing springs
Custom rear spring perches
3.73 rear w/ trac lock
Xcal 3 with BOC tune from Lonnie
Kenwood Nav Headunit / 2 10" alpine subs / Orion Speakers
Mustang Front hubs / re-drilled rears
2012 Mustang wheels
Pirelli tires
J-mod

Car spent its whole life in FL until i brought it to CT last spring. Sat in the garage all winter.... Couple slight scratches on the front bumper and fading around the headlights and grill. Couple parking lot dings. Overall the cars in very good shape and ZERO rust on the underside. Interior is in fantastic condition. NO bubbling on the back window trim and the neon tail works fine.

whats it worth?

max value is about 5-5500. list it on ebay see what ya get. doesnt matter your mods people dont pay for that unless you are lucky. good luck with the sale tho.

People really like that grey. It should help you get a bit more money .

Posted via Topify using Android

I bought a 95 LSC with 37,616 original miles on it, and paid $4548.00. super clean, with obligatory parking lot dings/scratches, super clean inside, anywhere where there is an inside.

You've got a nice car with tasteful mods..I wouldn't have a problem paying close to $5k for that since that's pretty much what I would do to it. Youd never be able to have that car and those parts for what it would cost to do it yourself.

Depends... If you are in a hurry & want it gone in 2 weeks then stay below $4k. If you don't mind it taking a long time but someone WILL come & buy it, post it for $6,500 obo. Trust me, there's always someone that will fall in love with your car & cough up nice cash.

It sucks but I agree with the rest ... It should get around the $5K mark. It would be nice to get enough to cover what you put into it. But depending on how fast you want to sell it. There is some one out there who would pay more but you are going to have to wait until that person or a person who doesn't know what the going rate is or someone who you can get to pay for the extras.

Good Luck

I paid $3000 for my '98 from one owners Parents in Alabama with 57k on the clock. Wish it had any of the mods yours has tho as it was stone stock.

Marc stopped by with his car and It's one of the nicest MK VIII's I've ever seen. Should be sold soon. Not me I have enough for awhile.

Members online

Back