Sell me Wheels!

MachVIII

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone selling rims? Ive been looking everywhere for new wheels. If anyone is selling, let me know. Or some good links, so far I like brads selection.

I have 4 chrome 18x9 Cobra R's, but they need work. $100.00 plus shiping.

also I have 4 painted 16x8 motion spoke (10 spoke) 96 mark rim's $250.00 plus shiping

And I have some after market 16x8 $150.00 plus shiping

Plus six tire's with good tread for 16" rims

9-22-07 013.jpg

9-22-07 014.jpg

9-22-07 015.jpg

car dashtwo.jpg

for sale 2 006.jpg

for sale 2 009.jpg

what happened to them cobra r's were they on a car that caught fire?? that one peeling bad looks like its due to heat near the rim.

looks like the one wheel is shot... so just buy the other three and find a matching fourth on ebay.

Also might consider having them powder coated; my guy will have chrome wheels acid dipped and coated for about $70/ea... just about any color you could ever imagine. (I'd still ditch that one in bad shape; looks like the face has more than simple finish flaws). It's more durable than chrome, lasts longer and costs less.

Just a thought

my plan was to have it sand blasted and paint them but the guy who started to blast them dint like what was happening so he stoped at one, as far as the pealing. MN winter, nuff said. I paid 200 for the rims so 100 is fair. If not My new mark has crappy paint so crappy rims would fit it, no one would know whats under the hood. he he !

yeah, generally the best way to strip chrome plated wheels is with an acid dip. The Chrome is a bit hard for the sand blasting treatment. By the time you get the hard Chrome (and nickel and all the other layers) off, you've laid waste to the soft aluminum underneath!

Were it me, I'd take the one to the scrap yard (metal scrap... not junk yard)... should be worth $10-$20 ... find a replacement on e-bay, locate a good powder coating shop that will send them out to be striped. Then... have them coated with a high gloss gun metal finish... that would look freakin SWEEEEET!!! And you might have... $500 into them... maybe less.

I got really excited about the cobras, then realized they were 4.5's and cried. anyone else have any?

P.S. sbcaprice, sorry im looking to at least get 18's. Thanks though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back