Second Vehicle Opinions.

BlackLS06

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking at getting another ford after i pay off the LS.

Was looking at the 07+ Expeditions (Limited Trim) as ive driven an 04 and know they are solid and reliable and comfortable for what they are..... and briefly looked at maybe an Aviator. But i would like something newer than my LS so the aviators wont cut it.

Another vehicle im considering is the Mark LT. And ive also looked at getting a panther car (marquis, crown vic) as they are also reliable and very affordable with low miles.

Anybody have any of these??

I still want my aviator for the winter. But they have so many issues I would have to say stay away.

I've somehow become addicted to them. I won't get one unless it has less then 60k miles. Over 80k they really go to hell.

Mark lt and expedition are similar. I'd go with the expedition limited. But then again how many people can say they own 2 sexy lincolns haha.

An 04? That's interesting huh?? Lol must be an f150 with a Lincoln grill. I see alot of them. Damn posers.

Yup Mark Lt was only made from 06-08 in the states and you could fake the funk on the outside pretty well but inside it has the unique Lincoln touches. The seats have colored seams and Lincoln stars.

Another reason i want something with a mod motor is because it would be nice to actually be able to get a bolt on supercharger kit for once. Not that a truck needs it but the 5.4L lacks power compared to the new 5.0/6.2L engines.

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer as my second vehicle. I bought it in full right before I turned 16 with 164k miles, now it has 218k with minimal problems.

If I had my LS paid off and had some extra money I'd look into a newer Explorer. My parents had a 07 Expedition Eddie Bauer EL, nice rig but way to big, now they have a 08 Explorer Limited V8.

A Mark LT would be nice but I more interested in the new EcoBoost and 5.0 F150s.

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer as my second vehicle. I bought it in full right before I turned 16 with 164k miles, now it has 218k with minimal problems.

If I had my LS paid off and had some extra money I'd look into a newer Explorer. My parents had a 07 Expedition Eddie Bauer EL, nice rig but way to big, now they have a 08 Explorer Limited V8.

A Mark LT would be nice but I more interested in the new EcoBoost and 5.0 F150s.

My parents also have a 08 explorer limited. It's got the white sand pearl paint and the 20" wheels and power running boards. I'd totally take one of those. Still to much cash for just a winter car for me. But I do love it. I keep it clean for them.

Last edited:
My parents also have a 08 explorer limited. It's got the white sand pearl paint and the 20" wheels and power tuning boards. I'd totally take one of those. Still to much cash for just a winter car for me. But I do love it. I keep it clean for them.

Yeah, I saw that picture of your parents, its got the same options. They are very nice rigs! My dad has offered to sell it to me a couple times but its too much money.

Yeah agreed but a blown 5.4L can run with both of those easily. They sell complete bolt on kits from $4500 to $7000 depending on level of boost and they push the stock engine up to 450+ rwhp.

And theres also custom cams and lots of internals available as well.

Has to be newer. 07 or better.

Marauders are nice but that would be just another toy for me and they are hard to find and expensive.

Members online

Back