Seat/mirror memory issue

stumpie

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My LH mirror seems to move electronically whenever I depress the unlock button on my keyless entry remote. The problem is, it moves it out of position every time. Then when I drive, I have to adjust the mirror to be in the correct spot. It doesn't matter how many times I "SET" my memory 1 or 2, it always moves when I unlock the car the next time. Pressing the "1" or "2" (with the car in P) moves the mirror, but it does not move it into the correct spot. It almost always needs adjusting out and down.

I think the position sensor inside the mirror is failing. Am I going to need a new mirror or a new switch or a new memory module? How can this be remedied?

It's the position sensors in the mirror. They get dirty and electrically noisy and cause this. I don't know if they can be effectively cleaned.

There is a work around for you, especially if you are the only driver. Just deactivate the feature that ties your remote to a particular memory setting. Your owner's manual will tell you how. (I'm not talking about easy entry/exit. That's a different feature.)

Cool. I'm 6'2" so the easy entry/exit is kind of a big deal. But If I can deactivate the memory recall via remote that would be excellent!

It appears the remote is tied to a memory position. Look in the OM and it will tell you how to synchronize the remote with the position memory.

Unbelievable. A 5-second solution to an issue that has inconvenienced me probably a thousand times before. And a true testament to the importance of R'ing-T-F-M

Members online

No members online now.
Back