SCT Big Air MAF Meter _ whats your TAKE?

L.Ls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i was reading this SCT Big Air MAF Meter from sctflash.com you guy this it be good for the ls?!

Hey Quik, you really know how to phrase things. lol!!!!:D

Maybe this guy should search the forums and look up to see if it works or let alone installation plus the pros/cons you will have......coming from a newb myself :p

Maybe this guy should search the forums and look up to see if it works or let alone installation plus the pros/cons you will have......coming from a newb myself :p

All you have to do is read the info about it that they have posted on their site. It is an upgrade for restrictive maf sensors, which are usually upgraded for forced induction set-ups, or high horsepower applications. SOOO, unless he is running a high horsepower set up, it would be a waste of time and money.

I asked because it is a good unit - depending on what you are using it for....

A MAF senses the airflow and responds with a voltage (generally between 0-5v). Typically you upgrade the MAF if your engine is flowing more incoming air and therefore pegging the stock MAF output at 5v - losing the ability to determine how much more air in flowing in past a certain point.

Unless you are upgrade the entire intake tube as well and throttle-body - most people do not by a bigger MAF, but re-program their exist MAF to adjust the output - meaning more air can flow without pegging the MAF output.

So - unless you are pulling in more air - and enough to peg the stock MAF - this is not for you.

its also a step up from already bigger ones... i.e. the terminator or lightning. There are more cost effective ways to upgrade yours before you need to get an SCT one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back