Screens Mounted In Trunk Lid

LincolnLSpunk156

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I haven't been around much lately, i've been pretty busy with everything, but i've been lurking around. I noticed a little while back that a bunch of people were talking about how to mount DVD screens into the trunk lid, well it just happens that that was the current project I had been working on for another member on the board. It took a few tries to get all the bugs out of everything, but I think that you guys will like the finished product..... this thing hugs the trunk lid perfectly and it carpeted on the back side as well so rattles will be minimal, and everything is form fitting so only a few sheet metal screws into the trunk brace behing the mounting hole for the screens are required to hold it in......The great thing with these trunk lids are the variety of things you can put onto it..... I can do anything from just two screens and nothing else, to one giant screen and speakers, or something like I did on this one. If you have an idea in your head shoot me a PM and let me know and i'll see what i can work out. Also I have a supplier that offers me discounted materials the more that I order per order, so i'll pass that onto you guys. If you can get a few people together that want these i'll give ya a super price, the more that are ordered the cheaper they will be...... if your interested or have any questions, let me know and we'll figure everything out....... any how, let me know what you think.......

DSC00889_00e.jpg

DSC00891_00e.jpg

DSC00893_00e.jpg

DSC00904_00e.jpg

DSC00905_00e.jpg

DSC00896_00e.jpg

i dont like the pack in the middle.. if u can put a Lincoln sign instead.. or just paint it gloss black like a fiber glass.. that would be better.. let me know retail.. i got some spare cash on me

looks good. ill have pics up soon. still working on mine. have the materials, but i cant seem to find the screen i want. i may have to do the camera and enclosure first.

Just out of curiosity, why would you do this? I can see screens in the headrests for the rear seat passengers, but how do you watch the screens in the trunk? Why?

Am I missing something here? :confused: :confused:

He is having passengers in the trunk sometimes. I once had 2 guys in my trunk, but they couldn't see (it was dark) :)

Kelleyo said:
Just out of curiosity, why would you do this? I can see screens in the headrests for the rear seat passengers, but how do you watch the screens in the trunk? Why?

Am I missing something here? :confused: :confused:

thats about the only reason, it's for show..... and I guess another reason is... WHY NOT!!! anyhow as far as some of the questions... i can make these things how ever you want them I can put lincoln emblems on it any combination of screens and speakers.... you name it I can do it...... as far as price.... let me know what you think is fair and i'll see what i can do...... as far as paint I think these things look alot better carpeted but if you want them primered i can do that as well......

they wont be able to be viewed with the trunk closed. The power will be run through a relay hooked to a mercury switch mounted to the trunk lid

i dont have carpet in my trunk... all vinyl.. price depends on if ur including the TV's or not? also depending on what the customer wants..

can u put a ten inch TV in the middle and two 7 inch TV's on the side? let me know if u can give me a price on that before u start..

So I am about done with my trunk, but my friend wants me to do something like whats in this post. what do you guys think? the quality will be better and it will match the interior of the car. the only thing is, i have to pay full price, because he is going to fiberglass it and then wrap it. i cant really help much, so i will have to pay. 200.00 for the screens and 300.00 for parts and labor. how does that sound. if i can borrow a camera, then i will be posting pics soon. also got the hood, handles, and mirrors repainted. removed the front license plate and patched the holes. by wed of next week should be done with everything except the trunk lid. oh yeah added a yellow top to the list today.

Members online

Back