Score!!

That is a heck of a price. I think I am going to stick with the oem bulbs that came in them until they go kaput.

You're going to be waiting a while. I had 100k miles on mine and they were still going strong, until a deer decided to knock one out. Not mad at all by that, prefer they break the $100 bulb as opposed to the $1500 headlight.

Even if they don't, the lenses are more than worth what I have in the purchase.

If the ballasts are shot (which is highly unlikely, like damn near impossible), you can still make out well buying ballasts and bulbs to put in there, assuming everything turns to plug and play. They actually have the denso ballasts on TRS which look strikingly similar to the ones that came on our cars. They state that they come from Toyota but at minimum the case and label look alike.

That is a heck of a price. I think I am going to stick with the oem bulbs that came in them until they go kaput.

I kept my stock bulbs for backups, but I had to have 6000k bulbs. The difference is night and day. Combined with my 3000k HID fogs, it gets no better.

You're going to be waiting a while. I had 100k miles on mine and they were still going strong, until a deer decided to knock one out. Not mad at all by that, prefer they break the $100 bulb as opposed to the $1500 headlight.

If the ballasts are shot (which is highly unlikely, like damn near impossible), you can still make out well buying ballasts and bulbs to put in there, assuming everything turns to plug and play. They actually have the denso ballasts on TRS which look strikingly similar to the ones that came on our cars. They state that they come from Toyota but at minimum the case and label look alike.
What is TRS?

there is never crap for the ls in my area on craigslist. lol. great find for you tho. wish i couldve gotten that lucky.

Elemino, TRS is the The Retrofit Source. The ballasts I speak of are here. At the same time there seems to be ballasts on eBay all the time.

I kept my stock bulbs for backups, but I had to have 6000k bulbs. The difference is night and day. Combined with my 3000k HID fogs, it gets no better.

What is TRS?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

They specialize in projector/HID projects. you can buy replacement ballasts, bulbs, and if you feel up to it try and retrofit a set of projectors into them.

I had a look at the link. It actually says its an OEM replacement for Toyota, Lexus, Ford and Mazda.

I just looked at them too. Never had been on that site before. Thanks for the info J.

Does anyone with the oem hid's use a thin layer silicone sealant around the ballast cover as a small bit of added security from moisture?

Does anyone with the oem hid's use a thin layer silicone sealant around the ballast cover as a small bit of added security from moisture?

Nope. The guys with his kits have ballasts out in the open even.

Good to hear.
I've never opened the box to look at my ballasts, but water is not your friend. If you feel you need sealant, you may want to do something.

With that said, the fog HID ballasts on my Navigator probably get soaked anytime I run through a puddle.

I don't but I may now because the gasket that I pulled off during my angel eye install is looking dry rotted and cracked.

Members online

No members online now.
Back