Scary Situation!

mista_g713

LVC Member
Reaction score
As I was coming home from work i was behind a slow driver on the feeder rd. i look in the rear view and the cars a good way back, so i hit the gas and make a quick right into the next lane to get ahead. as i pass the car i let go of the gas but......the car just kept accelarating! i look up ahead and luckily i have a good distance before i get to the intersection. i hit the brakes, that did not help much, tried the parkng brake and nothing! so i continue to put all my weight on the brake pedal and make a quick turn into a homedepot parking lot where i turn the car off. I just kept thanking God that this didnt get messy. I was probably going about 50-60 mph. Has any body else had this happen in there lincoln, any tips to prevent this from happening again? Its been about an hour since i got home and my heart is still pumping!

Interesting... Glad my cruise is disconnected. My BMW used to sometimes do what that article describes. Remember, in such situations, neutral is your friend!

I had the throttle lock on my 91 5.0 t-bird as well in a similar situation. Luckily though I had a straightaway to try and stop on. Though my brakes were able to keep the car from accelerating past 70 by standing on the pedal. Neutral was my last resort as I wasn't about to risk blowing the engine and or turning the car off at 70 and trying to stop.

The mechanic tried blaming mine on the cruise at first too, though it was stuck at full throttle which cruise can't do on that car. Also I didn't have the cruise on. Then blame was shifted to the floor mat, lol though it turned out to be the linkage under the hood.

Glad your safe and yes, you sure thanked the right one. God does watch out for us, amen.

Members online

No members online now.
Back