Saw it coming but too late...

JMT03LSV8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ever look in your rear view mirror and see it coming but you can't react fast enough?

DANG!

LS2.jpg

LS1.jpg

Hope you are ok.

The quarter panel still looks straight in the picture, is there any visible damage inside the trunk behind the bumper?

I'm good, I was just stopping at a light on a highway and looked up and saw the guy swerve from the right lane into the left lane. There was a car behind me and he hit her. I got my foot off the brake but not fast enough on the gas. They determined the guy in the pick up truck had a heart attack and never slowed down. Crumpled the Cobalt behind me, elderly couple and they weren't injured badly. Crappy part is his insurance isn't paying. A heart attack is an act of God so they don't have to shell out I guess.

I tell you what, I have a new found respect for these cars, they really do hold up. The right rear quarter puckered out about and eight of an inch past the door which was my biggest concern. Body shop said no problem. Rear bumper, absorber, deck lid, tail lights and I guess a couple brackets in the rear. Guy said the rear rails were tweeked a bit but they got those straightened already. Drivers seat back broke on impact but air bags didn't deploy. Estimate was $5300 and may take a little more after they got it apart but all in all, I'm glad they can save the car. Ironic part is I just got it back from the body shop about 2 weeks before this accident, girl friends neighbor backed in to the drivers door. I've got 2 more sides to go and she'll have fresh paint all over! LOL

Yeah, I was a little worried at first but after I drove it home and looked at it a bit, I didn't think it was too bad. It's been at body shop for a month now. They called me Friday last week, they have gotten either wrong parts or damaged parts parts from Ford.

616106_496366060381118_1067595399_o.jpg

i know exactly what you mean, i watched the guy in my rearview as he did this to my monte...

616106_496366060381118_1067595399_o.jpg

Ouch! I know what you mean too, I got rear ended in the Wife's Maxima. Looked in mirror and saw it just in time. Back seat was touching the front seats after the wreck.

damn insurance. I hate that act of god crap in that case everything should be a act of god since he controls everything.

everybody always bitches about no-fault insurance, but at the end of the day I know that my company is going to pay to fix the car, whether its my fault, the other guy's, or God's.

"A heart attack is an act of God" ... what a load of bullcrap. more like an act of all them fatty greasy Fn cheezburgers!

Insurance companies will do all they can to underwrite so they don't have to pay out, wouldn't be surprised if a turtle crossed the road, they don't cover that either.

Good to hear you are ok, speedy LS recovery.

wait, so all the repairs are coming out of your pocket?

glad you're ok.

I turned it in on my insurance after waiting a week. Have a $250 deductable to pay, but things could be worse. Heck, worst part of the deal is the rental I got!

i had a rather nasty case of whiplash...that's about it.

the repair estimate was somewhere around $4800 for all repairs.

i had a rather nasty case of whiplash...that's about it.

the repair estimate was somewhere around $4800 for all repairs.

I was really surprised I didn't have whiplash or even a headache. Like I said, my seat back broke but the head rest and shoulder belt really did the job. I went to hospital to checked out but nothing wrong at all.

maybe Lincoln parts are just more expensive! LOL

I was really surprised I didn't have whiplash or even a headache. Like I said, my seat back broke but the head rest and shoulder belt really did the job. I went to hospital to checked out but nothing wrong at all.

maybe Lincoln parts are just more expensive! LOL

i was on the highway hard breaking for another accident, the guy who hit me never even applied his brakes...i could barely move for the next two weeks, nothing major just really stiff and sore.

the settlement is what im using to buy/fix my sons LS, my pain is his gain!

they sure are... GM W-bodys are a dime a dozen, so parts are fairly easy to come by.

Members online

No members online now.
Back