San Fernando Valley LS Meet

Bring your FRS Radios

These events are always more fun with Motorola FRS radios.

I've got a 4 O'clock in La Crescenta... but this might be fun for a bit with my new 06!

I'm terribly dissapointed, I wanted to wash my car but apparently the winds are rated at 80 MPH. Threw a screen door at me, dammit. Any idea what time you want to meet tomorrow Rick?

we can meet up at 11 drew and yeah i washed my car on friday and it's been in a garage ever since. haven't taken it out cuz the winds are crazy right now. it was like an obstacle course outside w/ all the dropped branches. we still haven't decided where we are meeting tho drew and boblse. let me know by hiting me up

Is it alright if we call you in the morning? I'm off to bed and he's over at Universal Studios.

Let me know.

These events are always more fun with Motorola FRS radios.

I've got a 4 O'clock in La Crescenta... but this might be fun for a bit with my new 06!

I'll have my radio, Jay, and I can cruise with you for a while on my way back to Fontucky.

....And it's a BIG FIRE!

Right now, the CHP is saying that Las Vergenes/Malibu Cyn. Rd. and Kana/Dume Rd. are closed.

Also, PCH is closed at Topanga all the way to Decker Cyn. Only out bound traffic is allowed on PCH, nothing in bound.

So it looks like this meeting isn't going to happen today unless we move the location.

I'm right up in Porter Ranch right now. Right at Tampa And Sesnon where the other fire is....so unless they get it under control I'm not leaving my mom alone she's not quite strong enough to evacuate on her own.

the meet will have to be postponed to a week or two from now due to unpredicted events. it is disappointing but there are people in danger of the fire and that's more important at this time. these wouldn't be ideal conditions either way due to the winds so postponing will be the best thing. i had detailed my ride too, oh well.

well does everyone know as of this point tho? if you have another members number please inform them that the meet has been postponed

I need to get my car looked at after this, my car got nailed by rocks for about 30 seconds consistently, and then I almost hit a downed tree...I knocked a few things around. :q:q:q:qed up my door too.

I hope any members here aren't in any danger! That's my main concern!

Stay up guys.

no overall, wind or something?? Cause it was qeite nice weather yesterday here.

Oh, well the winds are just crazy man. For example, it took my favorite hat and just threw it! I went and bought a new one, and then guess what was sitting in the walkway this morning but the hat. I call that good luck.

Then, there was the screen door that got ripped off and thrown at me while I was going to secure some chairs outside.

Then....today as I was driving through a construction zone the winds kicked up hardcore and threw debris and rocks at my car.

Maybe you didn't want examples haha, but this has been a terrible night and day. I haven't been to sleep yet, the winds have just been rocking my room.

crazy wind blowing everywhere. i had to keep my car garaged but it seems it's gonna keep going on so my car will have to get hit as well since my apartment complex is out in the open. yesterday it started late tho, didn't think it would result in all this. i'm still bummed out man.

Santa Anna's will be blowing for the next couple of days. The Malibu fire started at 5:00 am this morning, just off of Malibu Cyn Rd. Not sure yet how. Could have been down power lines due to wind or arson.

Most likely the fire will burn all the way down the canyon and won't stop until it reaches the ocean. Once it starts in these wind conditions, there isn't much anyone can do but to get out of the way. Seems like this always happens there every 3 or 4 years.

Members online

No members online now.
Back