Same mystery beep???

Mussolini1996

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
When I first start up my LS I hear 25 total beeps which are 5 sets of 5. It takes about a minute or 2 for these to complete. I'm wondering if this is the normal mystery beep I've read about before, or if this is just a normal LS beep???

the mystery beep is just normally 1 beep and nothing showing up on the DIC (drivers information center) mine happens on long car trips.

I've had that also, but everytime mine beeps, it seems like it's a series of 5 beeps. Is this something I should get checked out or hook it up to a diagnostic machine??? Nothing is being displayed on the message center, just very annoying.

Check your airbag indicator light. When you start your car up, it should light up briefly and then go off (if the SRS is working correctly). Mine did the 5x5 beep and i noticed the light was out. That also means there is something probably wrong with your SRS system. If your bulb is out, I actually have replacement bulbs I would send to you for $7.50. You won't be able to find these lights on your own, as they don't sell them separately. I actually bought a spare instrument cluster and swapped the light out and it works perfectly.

You're only other option would be to get a new cluster from ford for around 600 installed.

Ok I'll check the airbag light, and when you're talking about the instrument cluster you mean just the speedo, tech, etc.??? Looked on Ebay, they seem fairly cheap, if that is indeed what is wrong. Any other ideas of possible problems/solutions???

Yes, that is what I'm talking about.

Just be careful if you are going to replace the entire cluster. You NEED to take it a Lincoln dealer to be replaced. They need to transfer the data from your old cluster to the new one. The cluster new from Lincoln is about 250 if you have the message center. The rest of my $600 estimate is installation/reprogramming the new cluster.

Checked the airbag light and it appears to be out. Should I try a new bulb first, or is it even worth to tear the whole cluster out???

I would try the bulb first. It worked for me. However, you won't be able to find the bulbs anywhere. That is why I offered to sell some to you as I have spares after taking apart a used cluster myself.

If you are going to do this yourself, you will need to remove the cluster. Before doing that, make sure you disconnect the battery ground and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. I have the instructions on my computer on what to do exactly. Also, if you want, IM me at jinx8402 and we can talk about this more.

the mystery beeps are fun. ur driving along, 40-50 mph on a flat smooth road. all the sudden "DING" and nothing shows up. so u slow down cuz ur confused. then u start yelling "WHAT DO U WANT FROM ME!!?!?!?!?" and people from other cars look at you funny.

damn mystery beep.

If you look quick enough an E appears in the gear display. But it just goes away as soon as the beep is done.

the mystery beeps are fun. ur driving along, 40-50 mph on a flat smooth road. all the sudden "DING" and nothing shows up. so u slow down cuz ur confused. then u start yelling "WHAT DO U WANT FROM ME!!?!?!?!?" and people from other cars look at you funny.

damn mystery beep.
I haven't seen the "E" but I've heard the ding and recieved "Gear Select Data Error" in the message display

I hear it when I make hard turns, weird.

Oh ya, you will also hear that noise if your turn signal is on for over half a mile. Also on page 14 of the owners manual, there is a run down of all the chimes. May want to look there to see if anything is related.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the "E" but I've heard the ding and recieved "Gear Select Data Error" in the message display

THANK YOU! It has probably done it 5 times over the 3 years I've had the car- flashing the message so fast the driver has no hope of reading it. Once I looked quick enough to see the word gear and then the message was gone. Another time I saw error.

I cant remember if I got it after fixing my D4 microswitch. It has not done it since the ECM reflash but maybe it just needs time (and for the radio to be off so I notice it). I figure the car moves forward so I wont sweat it, but it was annoying.

the mystery beep is my friend, i once had a guy in my car and it went off, i didn't really like the guy and he heard it. i used it as an excuse to drop him off right away and get to the dealership to check things out. i told him i have to see "Eddie" at the place. Named "Eddie" because of the E that shows up :lol:

Yes, I get one on my 06 on hard left turns. It is not the turn signal reminder.

does low oil pressure show up there? you could be slinging all the oil to the side.

Nothing pops up on the screen, I just hear one beep in the middle of the turn.

When I change oil, I get the oil pressure light for a second or two as the oil filter is filled. It doesn't cause a beep or a message on the display, so I don't think that could be it. I've scanned the car before (I think the tool is called AutoTap) and there were some data communications errors of some sort recorded. Maybe the next time it does it, I will scan it again and see what is recorded. My 04 (okay, my wife's 04) will do a mystery beep every great once in a while, but it doesn't seem to be related to turns or any other G-force.

I wonder if it's power steering related...

Members online

No members online now.
Back