Safety First!

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Safety First!

forkextensions.jpg

Can you imagine the OSHA inspector having a coronary seeing this?

I don't know what the problem is. One guy is hanging on to the forklift and the other guy is acting as a counter-balance. Looks good to me.

Actually, those forklifts can steadily lift asstons of weight. That's probably the safest way to do it.

CaptainZilog said:
Actually, those forklifts can steadily lift asstons of weight. That's probably the safest way to do it.

I don't see anything "wrong" with it. That bottom truck is MORE than capable of lifting the weight that is on it's forks.

For what they are doing they need this.

http://www.crown.com/usa/products/reach_trucks/e1.html These are the trucks I drive at work. Fun Fun. :)

94m5 said:
I don't see anything "wrong" with it. That bottom truck is MORE than capable of lifting the weight that is on it's forks.
Except they are running the risk of the Center of gravity getting outside the base that is supporting it, and everyone knows what that means....

You're also assuming that they haven't been dragging those forks for a year and worn them down.I've actually seen worn out forks snap at the bend.Overall, I'd say that is a very unsafe thing to do.Their only saving grace is that the load on the Toyota probably doesn't weigh that much.What really scares me is that the guy sitting on the yellow one appears to be operating the boom on the Toyota.

He is. That is why I said the guy in the brown shirt is acting as a counter-balance. Fortunately, those tanks look pretty light.

Members online

No members online now.
Back