S2000 beats a Mark VIII

Aquabrit

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=463319 (yeah, i know, its a year old topic, but still, got my blood pumping! Lol.)

Douche bag. Little mention of the fact that a Mark is a 3800lb luxury car that was designed in the early nineties. Their cars may not be 'rice' but the attitude certainly is.

Must be cool to 'bash' on your own countries produce in favor of Japanese or something. :confused:

Haha, yeah. Alot of people don't know what they are - i get asked all the time. When i was working on mine a year or so ago, some teens came past and i heard one say to the other ''hey man, isn't that a Mark Vee..one..one..one'' LOL! Just the other day, a guy came up to me and asked what it was... said he'd never seen one before... V6 right? Umm.. NO! :)

I just looked at the specs on the s2000, depending on the year and trim 14.0 to mid 14's for 1/4 mile, its not much faster than a stock 8. If he got next to someone with some 4.10's it would be a race.

Lol put him back in reality he drives a Ford? Hmmmm I remember once when I had a Ford and I was on the highway with a S2000....
2940d1064891981-just-few-pics-while.jpg

2939d1064891929-just-few-pics-while.jpg

2941d1064892007-just-few-pics-while.jpg

Damn my slow ford with its crappy auto :rolleyes:

Nice one Sal!

Of course you know what they would say if you 'stoked their fire' right?... the Ford needed twice the amount of cylinders... You can clearly see that the S2000 lifted off... wait til that Ford hits a turn... that Ford guzzles gas... with 3K in mods the S2000 will smoke top fuel dragsters... my buddie's cousin's friend's S2000... etc. etc. :p

My Ford use to take exit ramps like no other. Just ask the passangers that where looking for the "OH $HIT" Handles lol.

S2000's are pretty fast especially the hard top models. With a tune, exhaust and cold air intake they can do mid 13's.

S2000's are pretty fast especially the hard top models. With a tune, exhaust and cold air intake they can do mid 13's.

up until the CR model there was no hardtop S2k built by honda. any hardtop you see will actually be slower due to the additional weight.

i have a friend local here with 1. were gonna hook up and run eventually.

i also used to own 1. stock for stock its no contest with a good driver. the mark takes to mods better than the S does though.

QUOTE (customcamry @ Feb 16 2007, 07:33 PM)good waxjob!
smile.gif
starting from behind and doing a quick pass...nice. but yea, if it was stock its not too much to brag about bc theyre about a 15.5 1/4 mile stock. but hey, you had to shoot him back down to reality bc he probably just thought he was the :q:q:q:q beating a FORD. lol

scott9050 My 94 Mark VIII went 14.651 at 97.21 bone dead stock at Cecil county. Stock they are hampered by an open 3.07 rear. Gears and a converter will put a well running Gen I into the 13's rather easily.

Hey he's talking about my 94 Mark VIII... I sold it to Scott9050 then bought it back a year later.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=15221

Honda S2000's are way over rated. My friend raced an S2000 with his stock 87 vette and beat the ever living crap out it. Then the driver of the s2k said he missed a shift. Then, they raced a second time an the vette beat the s2k by almost 1 car length. Kind of sad to be quite honest, that a older car with almost 110k miles on the digital dash beat a 15+ year old car. Mind you the s2k was a 02/03.

I ran with one monday night coming home from class, they look a lot faster than they are. I pulled along side em, slowed down and we made eye contact, and we both punched it from 60, I pulled harder and then we hit traffic, unexciting but they're sleek looking

I ran my friends a few years ago when my trans used to work and we were dead even.

tell me if im wrong but someone on that S2000 forum wrote they the markVIII have the cobra motor, I thought all MarkVIII's have the cobra motor?

I ran my friends a few years ago when my trans used to work and we were dead even.

this is about how it would be with a properly driven S2k and a stock mark.

AVERAGE drivers in an S will usually run a mid-high 14 at about 94

very well driven they run a very high 13 at about 98. (rare because this requires a 7k clutch dump.)

from a roll its still a 98 mph trapping car with stock wheels. if you can beat a stock 3000gt VR4 from a roll....you can beat an s2k. granted aerodynamically they suck and lay down aroun 100

The S2000 is a great roadster.
The Mark VIII is a highway cruiser.

I'd rather run the Honda up a twisty road through a mountain.
I'd rather drive the Mark VIII when I'm on I-95 for 15 hours.

Now there is one clown talking smack.

It doesn't matter. The mark is in a class of its own. Made for true Americans.

Whats the saying around here? Class, Style, Attitude haha?

I just love the fact that the second poster on that thread said "some Mark VIII's had the 4V 4.6L". Uhhh... some? They all came with that motor!

Members online

No members online now.
Back