S type R intake?

pan

LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had a chance to get close up and check to see if the intake manifold will fit the LS? I'm sure ppl have thought of this but haven't found one to take a look at around here. Just a thought!!!

if you are taking just the intake manifold - it's a no go.

The S-Type R hasw the integrated liquid-to-air intercoolers, SC and the emission systems, fuel system, ...etc.

If you are taking - take all that from the S-type R - then yes, it 'may' fit - however the electronics are different between the LS and Jag, so you have to decide how to mate them - either retro-fit the LS's to the Jag connectors and mechanicals, or marry the Jags to the LS's PCM. not as easy as it sounds.

finding salvage/used Jags parts is the other key, since the SC/intercooler pieces are over $7k alone.

I cant speak for the s-type r but I did some very serious looking into the 4.2 and the 4.2 s/c power train swap, and in all honestly for the gen 2's its a quite simple job, if you get the complete engine, and trans the gen 2 ls harness will almost directly snap up, and sct makes a programmer to flash the ford pcm to run the 4.2 s/c or 4.2 na, just some custom fuel lines, and a custom drive shaft, a few other small things, as far as cross race engine swaps its pretty straight foreward

how about the difference in single-step VVT of the Jag compared to the continuial VVT of the LS?

that I am honestly not sure about my friend, I would assume there could be some correction made in the core programming but I really dont know, I opted not to try and take that challenge on yet lol

Jag VVT is mechanical and has sensors in the cam covers to tell the computer what's happening. Since there's 48 degrees of variation in the Jag, I doubt it happens all at once.
KS

right - the issue is we do not have that level of control over the LS PCM - so it's either a Jag PCM, or mating LS heads to the deal.....

You all do know the S-tpe has a very sloppy tranny? even moreso than the LS.....and this I have read through ConsumerGuide reports :p

Members online

Back