Rust

Evidence of trunk respray prior to my ownership. also all cleaned up and redone properly.

trunk.jpg

trunk.jpg

Yes, those are very nice pictures of your jack stands, but it's still not clear to me where you put the jack itself in the back, if not the factory jack notches

I don't think my jack's pad is removable, so I may be stuck with the puck/block style jack pad

My lord Frankie,

attachment.gif

You lift with the jack slightly near the point where you'd put the jack stand. There is plenty of room in front of it, once up a bit, you'd place the stand directly behind it and continue to jack, even it out at the other side until up to the height you want it.

Not that difficult really, guess you'd have to actually go out and look/try. Don't lift on the diff as tempting as it may be.

Glad you like my jack stands, sorry I do not have any pics of me actually placing the jack itself.

I recall using a piece of wood so as not to tear into something and it was a one notch lift at one side then onto the other side and matched it, then back to the other side and up a couple more notches on the stands until I had it where I wanted. (basically high up enough to fit my huge fat log stump under and able to fit myself comfortably underneath it.)

Alright, thanks. I just didn't think the jack would reach there. For all I know, mine might be too tall. But I'll keep it in mind

it would have to be pretty tall not to fit, both of my jacks fit there and the larger 3 ton isn't really what I would call small (or low profile)... probably 3" to 4" at lowest (however, I am at stock riding height)

Members online

No members online now.
Back