Rough Idle Issues

OK but your in for a drive, I'm in Minnesota :)

If you search it there are a few tricks the members have come up with.

I think I would do a IAC over o2s on a gen one.

SOME good news lol. I cleared the codes yesterday and checked them today and all the 500's are gone. They must have been before I bought the car

SOME good news lol. I cleared the codes yesterday and checked them today and all the 500's are gone. They must have been before I bought the car

Not necessarily, you just have not given it enough time or driving for them to come back. When you reset codes, not all codes come back right away, it may take a couple of days of driving for them to come back. Keep that in mind before you ward of any ideas of what is existing.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, you just have not given it enough time or drin=ving for them to come back. When you reset codes, not all codes come back right away, it may take a couple of days of driving for htem to come back. Keep that in mind before you ward of any ideas of what is existing.

Ok i will rephrase LOL
HOPEFULLY good news
If those 500's stay away, it would be good
Only getting the 170 codes now

Going to clean the MAF tomorrow, and order the wires and plugs this week
Did a little poking around for vacuum leaks, nothing yet...

Ok i will rephrase LOL
HOPEFULLY good news
If those 500's stay away, it would be good
Only getting the 170 codes now

Going to clean the MAF tomorrow, and order the wires and plugs this week
Did a little poking around for vacuum leaks, nothing yet...

Check your emissions T too. Sometimes they dry rot and could cause an unwanted leak to the TB.

I would assume that the idle fine at start up then spiratic idle after a couple minutes and then idles fine in drive mode, I would check IAC anyway first.

you have never checked a IAC on a gen 1 before...do what the other guy said...

I'm going to do the plugs/wires
Then see how it runs, and then the IAC would be next, but let me get this done first
Cosmetics can wait for now LOL

while you have it apart change the EGR if you can and that other thing that the tubes from the EGR connect to...vcrm or something like that...I am not good at remembering part names. What color is your gen 1?

while you have it apart change the EGR if you can and that other thing that the tubes from the EGR connect to...vcrm or something like that...I am not good at remembering part names. What color is your gen 1?

Its like a DARK Grey almost black, maybe charcoal? gotta check the color code

Im thinking replace fuel filter, easy fix...

Hey man I had the same problem about a month ago and it was the right side coil, but I changed the plugs/wires before because they looked pretty old. My PCV tube was also cracked, so I replaced it as well.

Just take it on the freeway at full throttle and if it clears up then it's probably a vacuum problem.

Hey man I had the same problem about a month ago and it was the right side coil, but I changed the plugs/wires before because they looked pretty old. My PCV tube was also cracked, so I replaced it as well.

Just take it on the freeway at full throttle and if it clears up then it's probably not a vacuum problem.

Purrs like a kitten at WOT

Members online

No members online now.
Back