room for a front mount IC?

mossbergman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
thinking about just saving up and throwing a centri on my car. Lotsa questions.. first what brand should I use? Vortech, pro charger, paxton? Also should I go intercooled (is there even room?)or put it on meth? How much should I have budgeted?would it be worth the money and effort to do a imrc delete and cobra intake swap? I'm pretty sure mike Schultz has a sc/ic setup on his car.. I know there's a few people on the board here with blown cars and your guys' advice and insight is greatly welcomed and appreciated in this thread

thinking about just saving up and throwing a centri on my car. Lotsa questions.. first what brand should I use? Vortech, pro charger, paxton? Also should I go intercooled (is there even room?)or put it on meth? How much should I have budgeted?would it be worth the money and effort to do a imrc delete and cobra intake swap? I'm pretty sure mike Schultz has a sc/ic setup on his car.. I know there's a few people on the board here with blown cars and your guys' advice and insight is greatly welcomed and appreciated in this thread

All I gotta say is put headers and a stall converter in your car with a centrifugal blower. My 97 has neither and I'm pretty sure my silver car would hang right at the tail of the 97 on an 1/8 mile strip if not at the door.

I wish I could give input on the rest but I am a total noob on this subject.

I was actually wanting some input from you since you actually have a blown car. What do you think of your meth setup? And I assume u have a 96-98 kit?

I was actually wanting some input from you since you actually have a blown car. What do you think of your meth setup? And I assume u have a 96-98 kit?

Well, I'm the wrong person to ask because I don't even know much about what I got. LOL But what I can tell you is that it is a Snow Performance meth kit that runs the "Boost Juice" 50/50 mix that was bought right from their website. There is a nozzle on the throttle body piping right after the blower where it injects and the meth tank and pump are in the trunk. That's all I know LOL

I don't even have any gauges in this car which is yet another reason why it is going to sit for awhile before it is track ready. I will have better opinions on it in the future when I get to run it on a more aggressive setup, but for now I am pretty much unopinionated.

Also does it sound like a badass just idling? Lol

No. The exhaust is way too quiet. LOL There is a little bit of a whistle at the lower rpms while coasting or going through a parking lot, otherwise the vortech is pretty quiet. When you get on it though it sounds like a jet sort of actually. LOL It's hard to miss when you are WOT and the impeller is spinning at 25,000rpms.

When you get on it though it sounds like a jet sort of actually. LOL It's hard to miss when you are WOT and the impeller is spinning at 25,000rpms.

As Jeremy Clarkson loves to say, "I think I'm having a crisis!" :p :D

I'll upload vids of mine before and after. It already sounds like a hair dryer right now. I can only imagine after when its a true straight from the turbo.

I already scare people when rolling from a red light with the engine and exhaust now.

I'll upload vids of mine before and after. It already sounds like a hair dryer right now. I can only imagine after when its a true straight from the turbo.

I already scare people when rolling from a red light with the engine and exhaust now.

I hope you're not wanting me to put one of those huge douche thunder tips on that exhaust

No actually I was wondering about that. I don't have a tip except the big gay one that's on now. All a tip does is sound and like 20hp. I'd like it to just be literally straight.

You mean had a blown car!

Baby_laugh.gif

J/K :)

I say go forged or go home.

Yea that. Do it right. Spend the extra what 3 grand. Or by a lightning engine

Mine is a D1SC ProCharger. You can hear the blower a block away. I got the D1 because this winter the new short block goes in and it will be able to handle a LOT more horsepower.
The easiest way to do an intercooler is to make room for it with a new bumper cover. I used Temple's Terminator bumper cover but I've seen some nice ones popping up that people are making themselves.
I didn't delete the IMRC plates because I wanted to keep it streetable in it's present configuration. Just make sure that they're clean!
Right out of the box we had to tame the engine.. it was making way too much power for the stock internals...

thanks everybody for your inputs. how much should i have budgeted? i will most likely be buying used to keep costs down. will the fuel system keep up with about 425-450 crank hp?

kirk did thomas a build your car or did he get it built?

And impeller speeds are closer to 45-55,000 RPM.

Oh, I didnlt realize that. I read the same also at higher boost levels, but I'm only at 8psi so I was guessing. ;)

thanks everybody for your inputs. how much should i have budgeted? i will most likely be buying used to keep costs down. will the fuel system keep up with about 425-450 crank hp?

kirk did thomas a build your car or did he get it built?

Moss, Dynosport in Nebraska did the tuning, but I'm not sure if they put it together or if it was Thomas. It works though, so that's all that matters. LOL

The fuel system also will NOT keep up with a blower setup. You'll need bigger injectors 42# or larger and a 255 lph fuel pump. I suggest the SVT Focus green top. I've heard of issues with the Walbro.

If you go used with all of your parts, you might be able to keep it under $5K. Otherwise, it will likely exceed that amount.

Members online

No members online now.
Back