Roof Spoiler. Solution.

exceptionaLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My friend has an 02 nissan altima and while we were detailing our cars today i thought i would just check out the dimension on the rear window. As it turns out, the length across the top of his measured up to about 44 inches and so does the rear window on my 00 v6. And yes i do know that the shape is a little different, the ls window is a little more curved, but i think that if the spoiler is designed to go on a straight top of the window it still will fit onto the ls.So, when i scrape together some cash i'll check it out most likely and if it doesnt quite work then i'll gift or sell it to him. So, check out an 02 altima roof spoiler if you guys can. I think its time we start trying this instead of continually just reposting the idea. If the altima one doesnt work, im gonna walk around the grocery store parking lot with a tape measure and find something that will. C'mon fellas. Roof Spoiler!

Is it made out of ABS plastic or polyurethane?

might look bad but, the spolier is definitally do-able. We just need to find a car with the same length across the top of the rear window and then just put it on. Seems simple, we should keep looking for something that will fit.

I don't know how you can say 'rice' when roof spoilers originally came to light on the Mercedes S class.

I'm checking ebay tonight to see if anything is close to the measurement or if I can find a cheap nissan spoiler

check the measurements to the E36 early 90's BMW roof spoiler. that's as close as i came to it. and the 4 door and 2 door are different. and as far as no functionality goes, i don't think a trunk deck spoiler (which many of our members do have) has a function as well unless you own a track car and are going at excessive speeds. i like the look, the ones that don't,...don't get it, simple and plain.

listen...i am down...im in the same boat with the money situation...i already posted a thread about this a while back, www.origin-lab.com makes roof spoilers for the Toyota Chaser...its a blocky 4 door sedan and the LS somewhat resembles it...

i'd say go for it, just cuz its not everyone's cup of tea isn't a reason to experiment. and as for people on here saying "no performance no purpose" zip it. everyone likes to make their own car their own. he's not putting neons and chopping his springs to lower it with a fart can exhaust complete with picnic table wing. not a single body kit for the LS is functional but you don't put up fits when people put those on. you're not climbing up the ass of people that put in a better sound system or a GPS. power to anyone trying to do something that is still relatively tasteful and completely unique.

There was an LvC member on here a few years back looking to have one made. He found out that the one that fits a 5-series BMW is very close in dimensions. However, he never got it off the ground. Try looking for a roof spoiler for a 5-series BMW and go from there. That will be your best starting point.

remember that dude with the silver ls who was going to sell them...he had a website and everything but it didnt work....maybe hes still around

I checked ebay last night and found the 05-08 (I believe) Honda Civic 4 door sedan has a 44" rear window as well. Maybe that will work. There are some cheap ones out there too. They look like a ventvisor for the rear glass and it was around $60.00 shipped. Too bad I'm outta money!

umm...if we have anyone here that currently resides in japan, go out and measure the rear window of a Toyota Chaser JZX100, or MKII JZX100...if not, then...i dont know...

remember that dude with the silver ls who was going to sell them...he had a website and everything but it didnt work....maybe hes still around
His name was Jeremy Drexler. He was the one that found out that the 5 series BMW would more than likely fit. He was at the point of having one modified but never finished the project.

Members online

No members online now.
Back