Rod Knock..............

MarkOfDeath

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well for the last three days, I thought my car was toast and started to try and sell parts of it, will I kept think 121000 is to young since I really dont beat on it, and I figured I look under the car for something loose, all bolt in the Tq where snug, so I presummed the worst, Then I noticed it would get louder or click faster or sometimes stop when i put in P or N or sometimes R but D is the worst, so I told my friend this and he was like " im giving my hopes up" so today I go a do one more look, I jack the car up and start I here the noise from the middle of the trans/motor so I removed the plug and notice the fly wheel it whobbling, so i check everything and nothing then I guess I got lucking a stoped the car at the right tome to notice this

DUUUHMM DUHHHHMMM DUUUHHHHMMMM.............

100_1173.jpg

100_1167.jpg

its an after market Edge racing rated to 600hp or something like, I guess I stock lincoln was to much, Man, Egde can eat my aS$

That sucks man, at least it's not your engine though. How long have you had that converter and how high did you rev it? Is there a warranty on it, have you talked to them yet?

I called them today and they said the techs would call me back, I assume they are closing shop and moving to mexico as we speak, I only revved it to 6000, and sometimes 6400 with the chip but that was 3-4 months ago and also the chip is garbage and I still havent heard back from him, about that sh1t they call a tune

I just dont have luck modding this car, i blew my gears, now TQ and I got a sh1tty chip, the only thing that works is my exhust which I had to do myself after this place messed it up

no egde is going to take care of this it aint even a year old

its all good just got off the phone, he was nice about it and said it didnt matter it it happened now or 2 years down the road he would fix it, nice guy, I got to ship it out ASAP

That's good to hear, so that over drive blinking problem you were having was the torque converter going to sh*t huh?

It never locked up since you installed it, or it started not to lock up? Chip related torque converter lock up schedule? Who burned your chip for you?

Sorry to hear of your luck. At least you found the problem. Most people would've never looked that close. :(

MarkOfDeath said:
I called them today and they said the techs would call me back, I assume they are closing shop and moving to mexico as we speak, I only revved it to 6000, and sometimes 6400 with the chip but that was 3-4 months ago and also the chip is garbage and I still havent heard back from him, about that sh1t they call a tune

Who did the chip and why is it junk?

Looks like the welds were poor quality on your edge torque converter...

ONEBADMK8 said:
Who did the chip and why is it junk?

Dude from blueovalchips, Its like a turd with the chip in there, with a little gas at idle in park the rpm start jumping and doesnt hold any one RPm, also in drive if your are into it a little, it wont shift it just rev limiters at 3000 rpm until you mash it down or take your foot of the gas to shift.

ya the beads were bad, i mean look were it broke right on the edge(no pun intended) so it didnt even penatrat in the metal on the one side

Those are some pretty good photoss for a limited space... :rolleyes:
Actully the welds broke right through the center,... could there be anything off alignment?? :confused:

yes on one it broke a little more in the center but on the second the bead is still intact it looks to have been riped off

MarkOfDeath said:
Dude from blueovalchips, Its like a turd with the chip in there, with a little gas at idle in park the rpm start jumping and doesnt hold any one RPm, also in drive if your are into it a little, it wont shift it just rev limiters at 3000 rpm until you mash it down or take your foot of the gas to shift.

That sounds to me like a bad connection with the chip? If not, call him and I'm sure he will make it right.

I cleaned and installed it twice the first time I spent an hour going over everthing to make sure it was right

Hey Brad
Sorry to hear about your TC problems, on the Chip Deal I can only tell you that I strongly recommend you hook up with a guy who is capable of doing chasis dyno and chip programing. With your setup you need to have a good drivable chip program. This isn't meant to take anything away from some of our mail order suppliers who supply worthy chips, but to get the most out of the chip , and also adjust the attributes for the rest of the setup, there's nothing like a fully chasis dyno tune, with street driveing verification.

oh dude Im already there, theres a place a few blocks away from my house call D.I.D they dont tune SCT but they can set my up with a new program and a tune for 400, also I live close to Sutton ford and they do a good as$ job with the SCt and seing how I would need a chip anyways for them to tune it sorta works out :( also they have the fastest 05 mustang in the world too.
Well tomarrow the trans is getting droped and then Im driving a big ol chevy with 38s for a week, it aint no lincoln but Ill Git R Done

I just had almost the same problem, exact same knocking you described when it was in gear. Mine ended up just being loose converter bolts.

Ya I almost have the trans out, it aint really hard the hardest part was the Tq bolts, being that the are Aleen bolts now, but he drive shaft was easy and the starter as well has the exhaust took all but 40 mins

Members online

Back