Road hazzard and I don't mean....

eL eS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
the seasoned citizens driving town cars or devilles. I am dizzy as h3|| right now trying to buy tires. One of the issues that pops up along the way is the road hazzard protection.

Who here has used it and are you happy with the service.

its good if you hit a nail or blow the tire off the bead they fix or replace it. i think the coverage depends on the tire manufacturer and the place where the work gets done.

Eric

I had it on my previous tires, but never used it in the two years I had them, so I decided against it for my new set.

SurfjaxLS said:
I had it on my previous tires, but never used it in the two years I had them, so I decided against it for my new set.

So what are you driving on now if you dont mind my asking. I live in Tampa and we have similar driving conditions.

yep. I had them once. I thought the tread wear was too fast and then moved to the 711. I have been very happy with both the 711 and 712 series. I might stay with what I know.

I had bf goodrich kdw's and they wore in 10,000 miles, so I think these will last a bit longer.

Raod hazard program? When's the last time you actually had a flat? I to date, have ever only had one true flat tire, but it was kinda my fault because I was well under the wear bars and hit some chunk of something. Tire went flat right in front of Butler Tires for less. How's that for convenient?!? I torched one tire when I was in college, but one wheel peels can only last so long, ya know?

kleetus said:
Raod hazard program? When's the last time you actually had a flat? I to date, have ever only had one true flat tire, but it was kinda my fault because I was well under the wear bars and hit some chunk of something. Tire went flat right in front of Butler Tires for less. How's that for convenient?!? I torched one tire when I was in college, but one wheel peels can only last so long, ya know?

Last week and it blew out at 75 MPH. Other than that I have picked up a nail or two but your point is well taken. I rarely have a tire emergency.

Hey, I bought a set of Mich Pilot Sports... (I know... sick price) I got them from Tirerack and purchased the road hazard. Drove to Stevens Institute in Hoboken for a class and hit something, still don't know what, cuz it to shoot out after i hit it. (Probably put a nice gash in somebody's car) ANYWAY, it left a nice slice in the sidewall. I don't think it cut through to a serious level, but Tirerack replaced the tire no questions asked!!!! So it helped me. Its insurance ya kno.., You don't ever want to use it, but if you need to, your glad ya have it!!!

JC

tires

from working at a tire shop for some years it is a good idea to get the road hazerd. I have it and have used it. a flat repar done right runs 15-20 $$$$ so if the RH is 10% of the cost of each tire it is a good deal. also if you have a blowout or hit a pot hols and there is a buble in the side wall then the new tire is cheap as hell. like $10 for the new one instald.

good points... I think I did go curb surfing once on a GY Aqua Tread and didnt have the coverage. I think it set me back an extra 170 or so.

well tire rack deinitely has the best prices. But I only need two and they dont offer road hazzard on a two tire order. anyone know of a way around this?

EL...I'm running Coopers. They Where great and quiet. P235-50R17 I use Tires Plus on Brandon Blvd. I found them to be the best prices in town. I paid a little more that $100.00 per tire plus road hazzard. They will rotate for life, and there's never any charge for re-balancing or valves. Go over there and see Pat. He'll take good care of you. As far as the road hazzard I've definetly used it. It's worth the few extra bucks.

well heck. i just dropped my stinkin lincoln off at olin mott on 60 around 930 this morning. I have a friend that operates the place for his dad. So I decided just to replace the two tires locally.

Which coopers you have? He tried to put in a set but my front tires are fine so I stuck with the Kumho 711. I think I am paying just 20 bucks more for the tires than if I had bought them from Tire Rack but he gets my Lincoln Parts for me at his jobber rate which has saved me some serious money parts and shipping.

Discount Tires (aka America's Tire Store) patches flats and rotates tires for free.

99 KOBRA said:
Discount Tires (aka America's Tire Store) patches flats and rotates tires for free.

Yeah I looked them up they have a few stores in Orlando but none in Tampa so i decided to pass. They have a very competitive price considering the extras.

Well...after a long night at the hospital (everything is fine) I get the family home and hear a wonderful hissing sound while getting my son out of the back seat. Dam* if it wasn't another hefty screw in the tire. DOH! This is the second time I will have to get the same tire patched on this car, and I have only had it a couple of months! I am getting the hazard protection on my next set of tires. I need it where I live as they are always doing contruction.

I don't know if I'd patch that same tire again... depending on where the hole is, you could be compromising the cord structure, or just have a nasty time getting it to stay balanced.

It's either that or hang one big mofo magnet in front off the bumper! :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back