ripped a piece out of my hand today!

That Hand

so today i was out at a job to finish up what we started, 3 of us were there installing new exit gates on a real fancy neighborhood in safety harbor fl. well, long story short the gate is about 200 lbs per side, and 11 feet wide, 18 feet tall and it controlled by a an electric motor and sensors. i had the breakers off and the gates open, i was re-attaching the arms that go from the motor to the gate to open and close the gates, i had to manually close the gates when i was done to make sure everything was back in the same spot, and i wasnt paying attention to where my hand was on the arm, the arm is 2 piece with a pivot in the center and as i closed the gate the arm gets straighter and straighter until it looks like one straight steel arm, and i crushed the side of my hand in the pivot point of the 2 arms and my instinct told me instantly to yank my hand out and when i did i ripped off a hunk of meat about the size of a dime and about an 1/8 inch deep, i did this around 3:30 today and if i undo all the gauze i have wrapped around my hand the blood still dumps out. this thing is nasty i can see like meat and fat in my hand when i wipe the blood away, it doesnt hurt as long as i dont hit my hand on anything but this bitch isnt gonna heal very quick, its in a bad place and its deep, the hunk of skin was stuck on the gate arm i picked it up to really get an idea how deep the hole is, it looks like someone stuck a .22 barrel right to my hand and shot it. hope no one gets grossed out by things like this but look!!!!

thehand.jpg

Man that looks terrible,,,You take care of that. You probably need to get a tetanus shot. I'm recouperating from a Hydracele operation (NOV 4th) as soon as the doc says I'm roadworthy we're heading for Tampa. My MARK probably thinks I'm never coming home,,tires are probably super low. Glad it's garaged. My wife's girlfriend checks the house all the time but she don't know about cars,,she says "well it looks ok setting there in the garage". YOU TAKE CARE !!

Ed you know the area well dont you lol it is signature terrace on enterprise almost near the end by phillipie parkway. i dont need a shot i just had one recently i am good for a few years.

That new skin works great when you are missing a chunk of flesh. It just hurts like hell when you put it on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back