Rims/tires????

turborich

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OK guys, I feel like a fool. I just spent 5 bills on new tires but now I decided to buy new wheels and tires. I just dont really like the 16's all that much. I wanna go with an 18" wheel and tire. Where is the best place to get them at cheap? I really like the cobra R style wheels, do they make em to fit on the mark VIII's? what other style do you think would look good? I would prefer at least an 8" wide wheel that almost sits flush with the fender lip. Also, anyone looking for a chrome set of 10 spokes with brand new yokohama tires?

What's the price on the rims and tires?

well, I just paid $500.00 for the tires so I would like to get as close to that as I could for the wheels and tires.

turborich said:
OK guys, I feel like a fool. I just spent 5 bills on new tires but now I decided to buy new wheels and tires. I just dont really like the 16's all that much. I wanna go with an 18" wheel and tire. Where is the best place to get them at cheap? I really like the cobra R style wheels, do they make em to fit on the mark VIII's? what other style do you think would look good? I would prefer at least an 8" wide wheel that almost sits flush with the fender lip. Also, anyone looking for a chrome set of 10 spokes with brand new yokohama tires?

I agree with Tire Rack is the bom! They do makr Cobra's to fit the MARK
VIII - you might have to ask for T-Bird style pattern. Tire Rack knows all about our cars so they wont have an issue getting you what you need.

Just placed and order from this place all though delivery is not free you might want to check them out, Once i placed the order and left some detailed contact info. the called me back about an hour later to confirm and they were very helpful as far as answering questions. heres the link to the tred i post earlier this week

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=18993

OK guys, thanks for all the great info. Well I bought some wheels and tires yesterday. I got them here locally where I live. A friend of mine kinda got me the hook up on these. 18x8 with 245/45zr18 tires. They wanted me to go with a 40 series tire but I wanted a more aggressive look, I'm glad I went with the 45 series. Not the best picture but heres what it looks like.

18DEFDACE-FF48-A7AF-5353C6FEB8AFD264.jpg

My friends tell me it looks like a drug dealers car now! with the wheels and blacked out windows. I hope it doesn't??? I'll be doing something to the exhaust next. either some 4" stainless pipes like that one black lsc on here or possilbly just some stainless oval tips. not sure if I want loud or stealthy yet???

WONDER WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE LOWERED? Like the look & especially the ratio between the tire & the wheel. Good show, Ed :cool:

I got my SVT T-Bird Cobra R's {17x7's} from the tire rack back in 1999. they came ready to bolt on and even came with lug nuts! I recommend them. I am running Cooper VR rated 225/50/17's :D

Hey guys thanks a lot! The wheels are made by velocity, some chinese company im sure. As far as the tires I'm not sure how much they would have cost? I gave $850.00 for tires and wheels together. A good deal I think.

big ed said:
WONDER WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE LOWERED? Like the look & especially the ratio between the tire & the wheel. Good show, Ed :cool:

It is lowered, Quite a bit in the front & just a lil bit in the rear. I kinda like that look. Thanks for the compliment.

turborich said:
It is lowered, Quite a bit in the front & just a lil bit in the rear. I kinda like that look. Thanks for the compliment.
Thats the way I like it, stance is everything.

Thank you!!!! I like hearing that! I really think that the mark VIII is a sexy looking car. Not too many around these days (sexy cars) now I have a friend who is looking to buy one. Any marks for sale around vegas at a reasonable price? California? Arizona?

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC... you still have the best looking exhaust in my oppinion!!!

Dude that looks hot. One thing I would do for sure (Ill also be doing this to my Cragars) is to black out the webbing where the lug nuts go so the spokes look like they are just floating there.

Makes a dramatic difference in the way the wheel looks. It makes it look way bigger then it is.

Thanks! the lug nuts are covered by the center cap though. That would look good though if they were exposed.

The gt500 replica wheels for the marks dont look like gt500 wheels to me... they look real ugly actually.

since were on the subject will these fit 17" x 9" (+24mm with 5.95" backspacing) and for the rear the WIDE 17" x 10.5"! The rear wheels are +27mm offset with 6.63-inch backspacing. They are 5-lug (5 on 4 ½)

Members online

No members online now.
Back