Ride with 4.10 Gears?!?!

that's sweet. i want upgraded valve springs. i saw 6800 on my tach once, but i'm sure if i do it again, its just a matter of time til something happens.

To be honest, I don't feel safe about it either.:p This is one of those things I'll never do in my car again. Did it once never to be repeated. You do get about 500 rpms more of cushion with the better valve springs though. Definitely worth it in my book if you have the know-how and tools to do it. Once you go power-adder or nitrous, it's nice to have those extra rpms. For me, I'm glad I have them because of the Cobra intake which makes more power up high where the stock intake failed miserably. ~6700 rpm shifts at the track were the sweet spot for me. Shifting any earlier, the car was slower. Your results may vary depending on mods/tune/etc. Interestingly enough, I tried shifting higher with the stock intake back in 2010 and the car ran slower, and that's because that intake is pretty much done making power at 6000 rpms so shift points beyond 6300+ was actually wasting time when there was no power left to be had. The high end grunt from the intake swap was simply amazing. Felt it right away after a quick test drive right after the swap. That's also when I noticed 3rd gear bark out of the car which I never had before with the stock intake. And there you have it. Another Cobra intake commercial by KStromberg LOL

That sounded badass

Thanks. It sounds even better on a good Sony HD digi cam! :) That was on my 3.2mp phone.

Youll have to put up the high quality vid do we can all hear the awesome sound of a high rpm mod motor lol

I was wondering who out their has 4.10 gears on their mark, and how it drives in city, hwy., etc. I just ordered ford racing 4.10 gears, lsd locker, and a bearing/seal kit for mine.
It is very mild, much more than you might believe it would be.
Your speedo will be right on, but as said earlier you will be limited to 98 MPH until a tune to remove the limiter.
Another thing you will notice if your air ride is intact is that it will lower the car at 35-40 MPH instead of 55 which can be annoying in city driving. I seem to remember that there is a fix though at the moment I can't remember what it is.

Members online

Back