Resurrecting this 97 and my passion for the Mark

Jamies97lsc

LVC Member
Reaction score
So it's been 7 years since I closed my shop and got out of the Mark VIII's. But I never stop loving the cars, just had alot going on in my life and walked away from alot, including a broken marriage. But, I recently picked up another 97 base with a severely hurt engine really cheap. This past Tuesday I picked up a doner 97 engine and tonight I spent a few hours cleaning it and splitting the trans off of it and getting it ready for a swap into the car. Here are some pics of my new project. It's a 97 base with color matched trim, LSC clone, with collector edition seats. I will update my progress along the way.

20180728_134327.jpg

20180728_134249.jpg

20180803_170940.jpg

20180728_202214.jpg

20180821_175632.jpg

20180824_192038.jpg

So it's been 7 years since I closed my shop and got out of the Mark VIII's. But I never stop loving the cars, just had alot going on in my life and walked away from alot, including a broken marriage. But, I recently picked up another 97 base with a severely hurt engine really cheap. This past Tuesday I picked up a doner 97 engine and tonight I spent a few hours cleaning it and splitting the trans off of it and getting it ready for a swap into the car. Here are some pics of my new project. It's a 97 base with color matched trim, LSC clone, with collector edition seats. I will update my progress along the way.

View attachment 828570326

View attachment 828570327

View attachment 828570328

View attachment 828570329

View attachment 828570330

View attachment 828570331
Body is no rust as you live in Florida and its worth an engine as interior is sharp too

Nice restoration you have got going on here. Do you have plans to paint match the intake, cam covers, or re-spray the block or anything?

Like BILLBOATS said its great that its a Fl. car.

I am going to give the timing cover, heads and block a coat of cast coat aluminum paint, the valve covers I haven't made up my mind on color yet, and the intake will be swapped out for a 96-98 cobra intake. I'm still deciding things :)

I am going to give the timing cover, heads and block a coat of cast coat aluminum paint, the valve covers I haven't made up my mind on color yet, and the intake will be swapped out for a 96-98 cobra intake. I'm still deciding things :)

Awesome. That is gonna look killer when finished!

Might want to look over the roller followers and lash adjusters while the engine is out of the car. Just as a preventative maintenance. I was watching a modular engine get rebuilt a couple weeks ago in a video by a Ford tech. Just lookin out. ;)

Wow, welcome back man!!!!!!!!!

I did the new Mark. I dont usually like exterior add-ons, but I dig what they did to the rear hump. Used to own and Mark IV and V that had that from factory.

I actually removed the hump letters, I liked it but I'm going for a sinister look with no badges like my old black 97 LSC. As far as my doner motor I already checked it out internally and it's sound. It just came out of an elderly driven Toreador red base model. The car was quite clean and taken care of. It was also a Florida car like mine. I just can't wait to start driving this thing. I really miss being in a Mark. This makes my 15th one since 2004 lol.

It's nice to see you back in a M8, Jamie. Looking forward to the progress!

Wow! Great to see you in a Mark VIII again Jamie!

Crazy.....couple things recently that I didn't think would ever happen.....Jamie's back in a Mark VIII, and I've just decided to get out of mine...

Lol funny how things work right? I just needed to own again. I miss them alot. Can't wait for the weather to cool down a little so I can swap the motor. Years ago I could do the swap without thinking twice, I'm not in the same shape I was back then and I need to take it carefully too because I have an Umbilical hernia now and I don't want to rupture it.

Definitely take your time when working on the engine. Back problems are no joke! One little tweak and your in surgery.

Welcome back car looks nice
Take care of that hernia I just had surgery on my early this year and feel better about doing stuff again.

Lol funny how things work right? I just needed to own again. I miss them alot. Can't wait for the weather to cool down a little so I can swap the motor. Years ago I could do the swap without thinking twice, I'm not in the same shape I was back then and I need to take it carefully too because I have an Umbilical hernia now and I don't want to rupture it.
I'm sure I'll miss the car. Like you said 7 years ago, I don't plan on ever owning another one. Things could always change, but as I look around at all of the parts that I'm about to be selling off, I have no interest in trying to amass that ridiculous horde of essential spare parts ever again. lol.

Wholey crap he is back!!
Hell, i just dropped in to see if the place was still alive, low and behold.. the king of all parts horde is back!!
Glad to see you up and kicking man.
I bet this is the first time ive commented in here since like 2010..

If I ever buy another Mark I am dropping a Coyote in it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back