Resonator Delete Gas Mileage Increase?

MainStageNews

New LVC Member
Reaction score
There's a video of a guy that has a lincoln ls and after he did a resonator delete get got 24 mpg. I have 2000 lincoln ls and I was wondering if anyone had else has done just a resonator delete and seen an increase in mpg. I only care about sound a little, performance is really the reason for doing a resonator delete for me. I'd say it would be worth it even if I got a few extra mpg's. So if you guys could give me some insight that would be great

highly doubt a resonator delete would increase mileage , thats mainly a sound thing

I was thinking about doin the same. Not for mileage but sound and later doing mufflers. What size pipe do I need to put in place. And I thought I read some where the pipes were stainless. Is that true or just a galvanised either way I would like to weld it rather than some sort of clamps.

I believe there's nothing you can do to increase MPG. You might do things that provide a marginal increase but to notice a difference? The short answer is no.

mpg all matters from where you drive and how you drive , im getting 11.7 mpg in my Gen 2 , location : Chicago (city) , driving style : racer/******* lol

it would be worth it even if I got a few extra mpg's. So if you guys could give me some insight that would be great

Move your seat back to where you can barely touch the pedals with your toes.... dont press on the skinny one as much or as hard.

^ haaaa, better yet put it in neutral and push, have you opted for a cold air intake ?

Remove all the garbage from your car, take out anything that's unnecessarily heavy - like anything you have in the trunk besides the spare tire. May get you .1-.2 more MPG. Intake may give you 1-2 MPG, although I never seen it and I don't believe it does. When I replaced my cats I gained about 4-5 MPG because they were clogged. When I replaced my COPs I gained about 2-3 MPG because they were marginal and not efficient. To sum it up - if the car is running as designed with no problems or issues there's nothing you can do to increase your MPG.

did some tests with my cold air intake, first installed without a heatshield decreased my mpg by 1 ( to 11.7mpg ) , with heatshield only increased to by .6 to 13.3 ) , with cold air feed , heatshield + insulator , it increased by 1.2 ( to 13.9 and continous to increase as I drive ) , all the times I had the tank filled to max and reset the mpg thingy

2000 Lincoln LS 3.9L V8 24.0 Miles per Gallon: http://youtu.be/xmPhnp40wTU

soooo this is the video I bet he is talking about , in the video he says he hit the reset button while cruising at a set 65 mph, of course he is gonna get pretty high mileage doing that , I reset my mpg while on the highway and at one point it said 49.8 mpg haha , it then decreased to 27.3 mpg after a good half hour and 30 miles more of driving , once i hit the city sht dropped to 17 mpg and after a week of city driving return to a crappy 14 mpg

20140214_213944.jpg

20130916_224810.jpg

..(not sure about MPG..) but I most definitely got an increase in power, acceleration and less hesitation when I dropped the resonators and everythang else factory. The CAI has to help...I would even feel safe saying that when I deleted the pulley for the fan pump and went electrical, I even noticed a small increase in response and power..lol. Am I reaching with this, or can someone cosign as well..

I was puling the boat behind the Mountaineer AWD with 4.6, going downhill and hit the reset button, it showed that I was getting 97mpg. If only!!!!!!!!!!!

I was puling the boat behind the Mountaineer AWD with 4.6, going downhill and hit the reset button, it showed that I was getting 97mpg. If only!!!!!!!!!!!

Well technically you were at that very moment. Newer cars have instantaneous mpg readouts which is actually what ours is the second you reset it.

IIRC there is a section in the manual saying to calculate your MPG. Something like maintain speed on level road, reset mpg, drive a couple miles.

Ours also calculates mpg when the car is stopped and running. So sitting a stop light averages 0 miles per gallon into the calculations.

Well technically you were at that very moment. Newer cars have instantaneous mpg readouts which is actually what ours is the second you reset it.

IIRC there is a section in the manual saying to calculate your MPG. Something like maintain speed on level road, reset mpg, drive a couple miles.

Ours also calculates mpg when the car is stopped and running. So sitting a stop light averages 0 miles per gallon into the calculations.

Or....... Do it the way I learned...... Get a pencil and paper... Divide miles driven by gallons used and voilá, miles per gallon!!

You can get infinite mileage while going downhill. The PCM cuts off all fuel to the engine above a certain speed when coasting or decelerating.

You can get infinite mileage while going downhill. The PCM cuts off all fuel to the engine above a certain speed when coasting or decelerating.

sounds like a limit problem in calculus.... is that a problem that after reading that, that is the first thing I thought of

I love math, numbers never let you down like the LS

I've got the K&N Intake, Maganflow Cats and the whole cat-back system, and a Torrie tune.

Honestly, if I take a long interstate trip and I am mindful about the gas mileage I can get 26, and thats going up and down WV mountains. The best I've ever got was 26.7 outside of WV. Furthermore, I drive my LS maybe 2-3 times a week at best, and it's mostly city/cross coutry style roads with very little interstate. I reset it every week and I always end up with about 17.8 for my "average" driving.

For what it is, I've been very satisfied.

I've got the K&N Intake, Maganflow Cats and the whole cat-back system, and a Torrie tune.

Honestly, if I take a long interstate trip and I am mindful about the gas mileage I can get 26, and thats going up and down WV mountains. The best I've ever got was 26.7 outside of WV. Furthermore, I drive my LS maybe 2-3 times a week at best, and it's mostly city/cross coutry style roads with very little interstate. I reset it every week and I always end up with about 17.8 for my "average" driving.

For what it is, I've been very satisfied.

ONCE, I got 28.5 cruising across Wyoming doing 80ish on non-oxygenated (real) gas.

And don't forget tires; they will also affect gas mileage. When I changed from the factory equipped Michelin Pilot MXM4 to the "upgrade" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus, I lost 1.5 mpg in my daily suburban driving to work (from 18.5 mpg to 17.0 mpg).

Members online

No members online now.
Back