replacement hard buttoms for Climate control

seionkelley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make aftermarket climate control buttons for a 1994 Mark VIII? I have been to several junk yards with no luck and have looked for 1995 taurus climate control but they only have the old knob style controls. I tired of running around in circles. I need replacement buttons, Please Help

The only fix is to replace the whole unit with the updated buttons. Search for a 96 Mark VIII controller.

The only fix is to replace the whole unit with the updated buttons. Search for a 96 Mark VIII controller.

Not true, I believe it was Gman who took the soft button unit and switched the faceplate from a hard button, if I wasn't to lazy to search I'd find the thread but right now I'm feeling very lazy.:D

I just swapped the whole unit from a 96 Conti.. Looks 2nd Gen--which is good

There were several models that used that climate control unit. My mom's 2000 Mountaineer and my boss's 1999 Navigator have exactly the same unit as my '97 Mark VIII. I'm sure some Explorers, Expeditions, Continentals, and other Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles from the late 90's and early 2000's should work.

Has to be 96 and older Conti's & Marks to work in a gen one. Unless you switch a faceplate from a gen II on to a first gen like GMAN. I tried and failed so I just got a 96 HVAC unit in my 95. Not worth the work in my opinion just keep searching.

There were several models that used that climate control unit. My mom's 2000 Mountaineer and my boss's 1999 Navigator have exactly the same unit as my '97 Mark VIII. I'm sure some Explorers, Expeditions, Continentals, and other Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles from the late 90's and early 2000's should work.

This is true ... many models will work ... I have one from a Taurus in my 93.

Members online

No members online now.
Back