Replacement Ball Joint / Tie Rod Boots.

TooManyToys

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Tried searching ....

Doing my fall LS work & look over (which included a salvaged right rear knuckle assembly) and noticed that the upper front balljoint and tie rod boots are starting to split. No play in either and going inside showed uncontaminated grease.

Boots tend to be available for most US based suspension parts, but of course these are Jag based. Along with NAPA, etc, Energy Suspension sells replacement boots if you know the pin and base seating diameters.

So does anyone have old upper control arms or tie rods they pulled out and could measure, or could send to me postage due so I can take the measurements?

These are still good pieces in the car and I hate them to go bad before their time. From my tenure in the auto industry I know the rule was these parts go bad once the sealing is compromised, not from wear out.

I have an old rear lower control arm (driver side) and rear tie rod. I could press out the ball joint for the lower control arm and mail it to you. I'll be experimenting too with replacement poly bushings on those. I recently sealed those bushings on mine with polyurethane roofing sealant to prevent moisture/grime from breaking the rubber and the ball joint.

pm me your address.

https://www.facebook.com/diylincolnls8

I have a set of new aftermarket upper control arms I'll let go for cheap if you want.

Members online

Back