Replaced Battery Runs Bad

JOES

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i replaced my battery and now the car runs awful..didn't let car idle after replacing... how or when will the computer reset itself... is there a way of over ride it?

sounds like either alternator or maybe a bad battery cable - id check those first

driller said:
First make sure your alternator is putting out the juice it needs.

my husband checked alternator output 14 volts, the manual said to idle for a minute to reset computer... which wasn't done

Joeychgo said:
sounds like either alternator or maybe a bad battery cable - id check those first

my husband checked alternator output 14 volts, the manual said to idle for a minute to reset computer... which wasn't done

There really shouldn't be THAT much difference from the base tables to the adaptive strategy tables for the air/fuel mixture and timing, but Ford does state that after a EEC reset, it may take several miles of driving or several 'drive cycles' for the PCM to 're-learn' what it needs to know.

I replaced my battery a few months ago, and didn't reset a thing... Hmm!!

Engine runs fine.. <shrug>

CSimonGo said:
I replaced my battery a few months ago, and didn't reset a thing... Hmm!!

Engine runs fine.. <shrug>
why did you change the battery? alternator needs amps too . maybe resistor is bad id check yer alternator again start car pull negative cable and see what happens. if car dies alt is gone.
Eric

ERIC1 said:
why did you change the battery? alternator needs amps too . maybe resistor is bad id check yer alternator again start car pull negative cable and see what happens. if car dies alt is gone.
Eric

Replaced Battery when I purchased vehicle.. Cells were dry and dead.

Members online

Back